Nitrous and a 2step - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-08-2018, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Garage
Nitrous and a 2step

Looking to add a 2 step to my MSD box to he;p with consistent launches, however I am running my ZEX kit on on a WOT switch.
I should only be on the 2step for a few seconds after staging, however I don't want to be wasting the nitrous few that time. Also I am unaware of what issues could be cause from being on a 2 step with the nitrous activated.
What are y'all running?

90 LX Notch 5.0 5spd, bolt on drag car with some giggle gas.
11.71 @ 116mph
86 Gt T-top 5.0 5spd, That one day project.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-09-2018, 06:59 AM

Trader Feedback: (30)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5gearbanging View Post
Looking to add a 2 step to my MSD box to he;p with consistent launches, however I am running my ZEX kit on on a WOT switch.
I should only be on the 2step for a few seconds after staging, however I don't want to be wasting the nitrous few that time. Also I am unaware of what issues could be cause from being on a 2 step with the nitrous activated.
What are y'all running?
you definately do NOT want the nitrous activated on 2 step! its best to use a relay to control you nitrous kit so your not having to pull power for the noids thru all your switches, add a second relay using the normally closed side, then wire the coil to the trigger for your 2 step so when your on the 2 step the relay is open, as soon as you release the 2 step trigger, the relay goes dead and closes, energizing the juice. done.

replaced the 93'ish coupe with a 76 F100, 393, 11.5:1, TEA CNC 205 TW's, custom Hyd Roller, Super Vic, 830 HP, AOD, Edge custom conv., Silverfox SPT-MAC-TB.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-09-2018, 07:42 AM

Trader Feedback: (15)
id adapt the transbrake wiring for a nitrous car for this. just run the trans brake wire to the clutch switch

DT Racing and Fabrication

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew Chief
Roche Racing engines Billet headed windsor! BMF on 275s!
my car-88lx- 408" stock block gangster!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-09-2018, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Garage
Cool, thanks I will try and add the relay to my setup as I have my kit hard wired currently.

90 LX Notch 5.0 5spd, bolt on drag car with some giggle gas.
11.71 @ 116mph
86 Gt T-top 5.0 5spd, That one day project.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-09-2018, 04:41 PM

Trader Feedback: (30)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTthis798 View Post
id adapt the transbrake wiring for a nitrous car for this. just run the trans brake wire to the clutch switch
i like this idea too, using the clutch switch as the trigger for the 2 step AND the nitrous. wont be able to powershift when N/A (which i like to do), unless you add a switch as a defeat.

replaced the 93'ish coupe with a 76 F100, 393, 11.5:1, TEA CNC 205 TW's, custom Hyd Roller, Super Vic, 830 HP, AOD, Edge custom conv., Silverfox SPT-MAC-TB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement