Nitrous options - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-15-2017, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Nitrous options

Hi guys looking for some info. Have a 94 306 fully balanced e cam, headers etc with BBK upper lower rails and reg. Anywho, I'm new to nitrous and looking to put a 150 on it. What kit options or setup would work most efficiently and what all is needed for a reliable setup. I'll be building/installing it all myself just would love some input on setup/manufacturer /personal experiences. Thanks for any and all input!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-15-2017, 05:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (27)
Depends on how much moola you want to spend. Also dry shot or wet shot? Dry will work best with long runner intakes such as stock but wet kits are best used as a plate between the upper and lower intakes.

I am a hardcore NOS brand user and the 05115 kit is one of the safest kits to use to use assuming you still tune it slightly ie; timing and run highest available pump gas in your area.

Up to 125hp shot out of the box will serve you well. 150-175hp you will need to spend a couple of bucks on shims for the solenoids to handle the flow necessary to support 175hp max.

NOS brand is going to cost a little more than some though. Something close maybe the Nitrous Express kits or maybe a ZEX nitrous kit.

Then there are a few low cost but may not be as reliable kits such as DynoTune Nitrous and Cold Fusion. I have used both on motorcycles with only 50-75hp dry shots and they worked fine.

https://www.dynotunenitrous.com

Nitrous kits, steel braided lines, fogger kit, nitrous bottle, motorcycle nitrous

post #3 of 11 Old 08-15-2017, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

I would prefer a wet kit I just feel as if it's a safer option. I have looked to see if I could find a plate for my BBK intake but has no luck. As far as which manufacturer I was lost and hoping for personal experiences and some insight on things. I'm green as a gourd with nitrous but tuning and such isn't a big deal. All the switches and safety features rly jumble my brain trying to understand it all. I was wanting around 125-150 I wasn't sure if a fairly stock bottom end could handle 175 but not against it If it's safe! Bottom end is basically stock with eagle rods and arp bolts so should be a bit stronger than factory. Oh and fully balanced. Will also be throwing in some roller rockers next time a valve cover comes off to go along with all this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-15-2017, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Oh and sorry 93 octane is readily available and I'm only 10 miles from Ohio valley raceway where race fuel is also available. Timing I was thinking around 7-8* baseline for a 150 is that correct? It also has a 255 walbro in tank already
post #5 of 11 Old 08-15-2017, 09:24 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Maybe the NX proton kit may work for you. Seems simple and is capable of 150 shot. I don't have experience with it but I'm thinking of giving that one a shot.
post #6 of 11 Old 08-15-2017, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Simple would be nice at least until I get a grasp on nitrous. I understand the timing portion of it but all the switches and safety features has my brain a mess. Will 24# injectors be big enough for a 150 or do I need bigger? Just want to have a safe setup I don't want it to scatter first time it sprays haha
post #7 of 11 Old 08-15-2017, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Also I will need a wide band installed to get this tuned up correctly right?
post #8 of 11 Old 08-15-2017, 10:19 PM

Trader Feedback: (57)
I've had good luck with nitrous express kits. You definitely want a window switch. FWIW I sparayed a stock bottom end 302 with 2 stages. (90 &150) it made 550 hp and lived until i dropped a valve. dont go too aggressive with the tune and you'll be fine.

3 Things that will chap your a$$
1. Woman
2. Dyno
3. Dragstrip
post #9 of 11 Old 08-15-2017, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Could you plz give me a general explanation of what a window switch does in practical terms? Lol and I'd love to put 2 stages on the car but I Def don't understand it all enough yet for that. Do BBK rails have a place to tie in for the fuel? I feel like the bottom end should be fine cause its not gonna be a 'win and melt a piston' tune by any means. What were you revving yours to? Will be putting the msd 6 ignition box on with the spray as well. This will be something I do over the course of winter so hoping it will be a new machine next spring to the few ppl that know my car I work with a lot of diesel guys and this is kinda to show that their heavy trucks and big pockets don't mean much
post #10 of 11 Old 08-15-2017, 11:05 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
24lbs injectors would be fine on 150 WET shot, but your fuel pump has to be able to support that.

A window switch basically activates for a certain rpm, for example if you do a WOT pull from 2000-6200 and set your window switch from 3000-6000rpm then you'll only see nitrous for that set RPM even tho you were at WOT before and after.

post #11 of 11 Old 08-16-2017, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

Good deal glad I don't need more injectors those are brand freaking new. The 255 has performed great so far but been an easy load for it so far. Ah so it's basically a rpm window setting, hence the name window switch. I'll Def be having one of those then along with fuel pressure safety switch. Getting pretty excited learning about this to be able to get it on my car and feel confident it will hold together
Sponsored Links
Advertisement