02 GT, Window Switch, Tach adapter, zex wet kit - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-03-2017, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
02 GT, Window Switch, Tach adapter, zex wet kit

Hello, I have done some research on this subject and would just like to double check that this combo will work. I have a 02 GT 5spd that already has the ZEX #82217 kit installed and I have a Intellitronix Digital RPM Window Switch #N3210. I have been reading that I need a tach adapter for the 99-04 mustang since it does not have a true tach signal output. I have read that the Auto Meter #9117 tach adapter is what I need, which I believe it is. I would just like a second opinion from someone more knowledgeable on the subject if this setup will work.

Thanks in advance
Tad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-04-2017, 02:13 PM

Trader Feedback: (30)
Garage
sorry bro, you already 2 pieces farther into electronics than i get involved in. i like a set of noids and a relay or two. ROFL!

replaced the 93'ish coupe with a 76 F100, 393, 11.5:1, TEA CNC 205 TW's, custom Hyd Roller, Super Vic, 830 HP, AOD, Edge custom conv., Silverfox SPT-MAC-TB.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-04-2017, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, most of the stuff was already in the car when I got it so I am working with what I already have on hand lol
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-06-2017, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

I went ahead and bought the tach adapter. I will get it wired up and post results here.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-12-2017, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Well I got it working, I followed the diagram below. The only difference is the tack adapter I had to add in. Once it was installed I just treated it as the RPM source in the diagram. I have the window switch set to activate at 3k rpm and deactivate at 5500 RPM. I have it jetted for 75hp and tuned for 100hp jetting. Also has the built in WOT switch in the zex nmu active. Car has 130k miles so being a little safe. EDIT- Sorry for the massive photos...? Also, you really notice how dirty things are in pictures lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement