1995 Nitrous - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-03-2016, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
1995 Nitrous

Hey guys. I have a 1995 Mustang GT 5.0 with Brodix Aluminum Heads, cam (don't know exact specs, I bought it with it), Trick Flow intake, BBK throttle body, headers, catless x pipe, flowmasters, sct MAF, Aeromotive fuel system and an empty and non-hooked up NOS bottle in the trunk

I think you see where this is going. I bought the line, and intend to buy a fogger here shortly, but I want to hammer out a plan before pulling the trigger on any specific one. I am new to nos, so I am curious to know if I can run a standalone 1 gallon fuel cell in the trunk with E85. I just want to run a 75-100 shot...if I run the proper larger fuel jet, I assume I can run it no problems....

Now to the auto theory questions...it seems the Vette guys do this sometimes when running high hp (250 is high to me, ok?) but it seems their preference is Q16 or C16. Is there any benefit to my running E85 on the standalone system with Heat Range 6 (NGK V Power BKR6EY or P# 3696) and 93 octane in the tank? Should I just tap into the fuel rail at only 75-100 shot?

Regards,
Chris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-28-2016, 02:37 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
there is a nitrous section on here, but it doesn't see much traffic. i played with nitrous for a short time, and i just ran a fuel line off the shrader valve on the rail. not sure i would do that anymore, as it seems like a great way to starve a cylinder and burn up a piston, but it did work with my 100 shot.

a small electric fuel pump, and 1 gallong resovoir might be a better route, flip on the pump, open the bottle, etc...

as for e85, i would just use 93 or higher octane. e85 is equivalent to higher octane (105 IIRC) but you need a lot more volume and upping the jet may not be the enough, plus combine the two fuel sources is stacking up variables. Im not saying it will not work, but i would be hesitant.

maybe someone with more experience can chime in?

1994 GT. 408 Windsor, A5 transmission, 3:73's, Quick Fuel 750, Aspiring drag strip newb, "Built not bought"!

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Rom 5:8
post #3 of 4 Old 11-01-2016, 03:26 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
I ran nitrous for years and had no issues running off the schrader valve location on the fuel rail. The kit was from Compucar and was a 150 shot. You will be fine with 93 octane in the tank and no E85. Like the other post said I am not sure how the mixture of the two fuels would work. I would drop the timing down to 8 deg and keep an eye on plugs and I never had any issues and that was with the stock bottom end.

DSS 306 being force fed by a Vortech S-trim.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-01-2016, 07:26 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
I think E85 is a good plan, not only for the safety margin (knock prevention) but also the slight VE gain from the cooling effect (E85 has a much higher enthalpy of vaporization than regular E10) however I would suggest larger than a 1 gallon fuel cell. Make sure you get an actual legit fuel cell with a pressure relief valve, too, after what happened to that miata last week...

Also, keep in mind when selecting jet sizes that E85 will require about 40-50% more volume (depending on E content) than regular 93 oct E10.

You could also just run an E85 mix in your existing gas tank and put in either a high volume pump or a dual in-tank pump system in. This will of course require manually tuning your jet size and monitoring your E content very carefully. Also you will probably need to replace all of your fuel lines to accomodate E85 as I doubt this platform was engineered with ethanol in mind.

To get the full benefit of E85 you really should convert to COP ignition and get a standalone ECU. This would be required for any in-tank E85 mixes anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement