05115 kit on a 427 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-04-2016, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
05115 kit on a 427

I have used this kit on a 5.0 with good results. I now want to put a small shot into my 427. I am familiar with the jet tables for all the various size injectors, my question is can I use the jet sizes given for 42 lb injectors as a starting point for my 427 motor or are these jet sizes specific to the 5.0 displacement . Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-04-2016, 05:55 PM

Trader Feedback: (27)
Still use the same chart. It is simply a mechanical change and the nitrous knows nothing about the engine it is entering. So as long as your FPR is 1:1, business as usual except for possible duty cycle issues. How much nitrous are you planning on injecting and what are you injector's duty cycles currently when running 38-42psi? I am also assuming you are running as big as possible fuel pump and lines. A 427 is no joke and coupled with a 175hp dry shot can be one helluva ride. You want more then you will need to up the solenoids, lines and probably the fuel injectors.

post #3 of 4 Old 06-04-2016, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Thanks for that. I will only add a 75- 100 shot. Currently running 424 to the wheels, so I guess 500 crank through an aode, so 42's won't be maxed out. I have a 255 in tank at the moment which I would change to a 340 with bigger lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-05-2016, 12:18 AM

Trader Feedback: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uk blowers View Post
Thanks for that. I will only add a 75- 100 shot. Currently running 424 to the wheels, so I guess 500 crank through an aode, so 42's won't be maxed out. I have a 255 in tank at the moment which I would change to a 340 with bigger lines
Also the fuel hat and consider bigger/better fuel rails. Might as well have your bases covered. Cause going fast is a sickness so 100hp shot will end up going to 175hp.

I like this kit a lot. I have ran 150hp shot on a stock Mustang but wanted to up it to 175hp immediately......

Have fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement