Pieced together plate kit - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By SRTthis798
  • 1 Post By boostdcoupe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-10-2016, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (12)
Pieced together plate kit

I have already PM'ed NX on here about this, and I am awaiting a response.

I Picked up a NX kit, equipped with a nozzle, for a great price recently. I was looking at buying their Systemax plate to go with it; however, I ended up buying a NOS big shot plate for cheap.

Now, I think I have made a mistake. I did not think there would be much of a difference in the tworld plates and that I could interchange them, but now I am not sure if this is the case. Has anyone used different brand names together? Will I have an issue doing this?

Thanks,

Joe

93 GT w/ 331
Bottom of the Barrel Budget
Working on the 60ft, thanks Kevin Slaby!
1.57 60ft and 7.45 @ 92.19, Previous best 60ft was 1.83.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-11-2016, 08:21 AM

Trader Feedback: (15)
no issues...
IIRC the holley plate has the manifolds on the side? you just need to plumb that right into the solenoids with an 1/8npt nipple

StrokedFox likes this.

DT Racing and Fabrication

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew Chief
Roche Racing engines Billet headed windsor! BMF on 275s!
my car-88lx- 408" stock block gangster!!!
post #3 of 6 Old 03-11-2016, 01:31 PM

Trader Feedback: (30)
Garage
(same reply on other thread) sooo, you wanting to replace the single nozzle on an NX kit with a NOS big shot plate for systemaxii? whats the problem? are you confused about the jetting? if so, stick with the jetting suggestions of the plate maker (NOS) for that specific plate as a starting point, then tune from there.

(adding this) depending on how old the plate is, it might have two jets for nitrous and two for fuel on a log on side of the plate (the old style), or it will have one fitting each sticking out the back of the plate. personally i found the NOS SMX plates a hassle to use, i endedup getting an NX plate and the fittings were on the front corners... very easy to access.
StrokedFox likes this.

replaced the 93'ish coupe with a 76 F100, 393, 11.5:1, TEA CNC 205 TW's, custom Hyd Roller, Super Vic, 830 HP, AOD, Edge custom conv., Silverfox SPT-MAC-TB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-11-2016, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTthis798 View Post
no issues...
IIRC the holley plate has the manifolds on the side? you just need to plumb that right into the solenoids with an 1/8npt nipple
This one has the fittings coming out the back. Yes, it looks like a pain to deal with, but the price was right. I read somewhere that the big shot plate cannot be used under a 150 shot....any truth to that? I know you sprayed more, but I will probably not go more than 100-125.

Joe

93 GT w/ 331
Bottom of the Barrel Budget
Working on the 60ft, thanks Kevin Slaby!
1.57 60ft and 7.45 @ 92.19, Previous best 60ft was 1.83.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-11-2016, 03:43 PM

Trader Feedback: (15)
i started at 150 with mine... they told me the same thing and i said #### it and started at 150...

DT Racing and Fabrication

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew Chief
Roche Racing engines Billet headed windsor! BMF on 275s!
my car-88lx- 408" stock block gangster!!!
post #6 of 6 Old 03-11-2016, 04:38 PM

Trader Feedback: (30)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokedFox View Post
This one has the fittings coming out the back. Yes, it looks like a pain to deal with, but the price was right. I read somewhere that the big shot plate cannot be used under a 150 shot....any truth to that? I know you sprayed more, but I will probably not go more than 100-125.

Joe
yeah honestly 150 is a good starting point. they arent as bad as the old plates were, but its not fun. not terrible, you can handle it. personally, i would jet it at 150 whiloe installing it... you may never have to mess with it after that.

replaced the 93'ish coupe with a 76 F100, 393, 11.5:1, TEA CNC 205 TW's, custom Hyd Roller, Super Vic, 830 HP, AOD, Edge custom conv., Silverfox SPT-MAC-TB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement