Hi everyone! Help me build my "TRUE" sleeper... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-04-2018, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Hi everyone! Help me build my "TRUE" sleeper...

Hey guys (and gals!),

I just wanted to do a quick introduction and tell everyone a little about myself, as well as my plans for using this site as I build my life-long dream car. First off, I'm a medically retired veteran (Go Army!). I did 6 combat tours, 41 1/2 months,(1 tour of 14 months, a 12 month stint, 4 tours of 5 months or less.) and were split between Iraq/Afghanistan during OIF/OEF, and then a few ventured into the Philippines as well as the Horn of Africa. Technically, I also served in Libya, but this was for less than 3 weeks, and was largely an advise/assist role during their revolution. I learned a lot about life and myself from my experiences, and it defined me as a person. I love/miss the life. But after taking a round through my left forearm (which left me 80-90% paralyzed in my left hand. I still can move a couple of the fingers, and over 5 years later, still doing occupational therapy!) I was pretty much forced to be retired. I could have stayed in, if I fought for it... but my role as a leader would have been severely diminished. It wouldn't have been fair for my guys, so I bowed out.

Anyways, I've been a Ford man since LONG before I was even a 'man'. Its in my blood, brain, heart, and DNA. I don't have the time, and you don't have the interest in reading my history with them! HA! But I will answer questions, if anyone has any.

My passions in life include: God. Country. Family. WIFE!! (just in case she reads this! lol) Cars. Politics. Sports. And I'm a HUGE animal lover.

My current build is still a project, yet to be realized. This is where you guys come in... I'll be starting a thread in another forum, and I really would appreciate you guys pitching in. I've already made my mind up, just after reading the replies ya'll have left for others -- I trust you. At the completion of my build, I'm going to put a plaque SOMEWHERE on/in the car, with the names of every single person who helped me put this together. That includes each and every single one of you! Might not mean alot to those of you who might read this, but it means a great deal to the guy who is writing it!

So... thanks for allowing me to sign up, and I look forward to building relationships with yall.

Sincerely,

Bubster35
1992 LX Coupe, 5.0 5spd

Last edited by bubster35; 03-04-2018 at 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling (i'm sure there's a ton of errors, but "hey guys" was written EEEEEEHey Guys! ha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-04-2018, 10:57 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Welcome aboard.

Thank you for your service. By no means would I say you bowed out but how you perceive it is yours and only yours. For those of us on the civilian side....again....thank you.

Best of luck with the car/build. You are starting with a good platform (coupe fan here). Have fun with it.

1979 Hatch - Silver, 4 Banger/4 spd - SOLD
1992 LX Hatch - Wild Strawberry, 5 spd, basics - SOLD
1992 LX Coupe of Irish descent - SOLD (Was a fun ride though)
1993 LX Coupe - Reef Blue, 5 spd, bolt ons, more to follow...
post #3 of 5 Old 03-04-2018, 04:22 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Welcome to The Corral and thank you for your service!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-04-2018, 06:33 PM
Please call me Mike

Trader Feedback: (46)
Thanks for your service to this great county.

Sleepers are tough. ESP since there have been about 30 years of companies improving on the fox platform.

I’d almost say figure out how fast you want to be. Look at what new cars are doing and then go see what the local drags (legal or otherwise) are like ET/ mph wise. It’s easier if you want it to “hold its own” so to speak.

It seems to only take a few times before the cars reputation gets out. Of coarse if you are talking “ sleeper” looks wise then it would be much more fun.

Good luck to your build.

84K 88 LX Vert 5spd: 3.73s.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-08-2018, 11:11 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Thank you for your service. I had a plan a long time ago for a sleeper. It was a 60-63 ford falcon coupe. They are light,easy to build,and cheap . I called it my snake in the grass. I planned to put a 2.3 turbo with a T-5 trans, 8.8 mustang rearend,4 link in the back and mustangII cross member in the front.Roush racing sell a head and cam setup that put out 400hp easy.That would be about 2300 lbs with over 400 hp and sleeper look.A friend has car that comes close to it only with a 347.He surprizes quit a few guys with it.Roger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement