Sorta new guy from GA - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-27-2018, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Sorta new guy from GA

Sorry, but I'm not actually a Mustang owner and won't be for the foreseeable future. Like them fine, but if I were to get one it would be a classic late 60s model. I think a Fairlane or Galaxie might be a better match for me though.

At the moment I'm a Ranger owner that's mid 5.0L swap. I have a 1986 Ranger regular cab, short bed, 2wd truck that's getting the drive train from a 1998 Explorer 5.0L. I'm bucking the usual trend in these early Ranger swaps by not using a carb or Mustang EFI system. I'll be using the EFI system from the Explorer since it already capable of controlling the 4R70W. For now the engine will be going in mostly stock, need to get this project running and would like to get used to driving the truck before I go putting much more power into it. While not a mustang it will be getting a few mustang parts, namely adapting the front brakes from an 03-04 Cobra, and if I can't make the TIB suspension handle well enough I may swap in a Mustang K member and suspension down the road. Also the possibility of adding a T5 or TKO down the road with engine rebuild.

As you can probably see from my profile I joined several years ago because as a Mustang forum, you are obviously a good source of info for the 5.0L. Through reading and searching I've found most of what I needed so never actually had a reason to post until now. Still not many questions to ask, but I am hunting for a few parts, so I will be watching the classifieds.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-28-2018, 08:19 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Welcome back, sounds like a cool project. Post some pictures when you get time.

1979 Hatch - Silver, 4 Banger/4 spd - SOLD
1992 LX Hatch - Wild Strawberry, 5 spd, basics - SOLD
1992 LX Coupe of Irish descent - SOLD (Was a fun ride though)
1993 LX Coupe - Reef Blue, 5 spd, bolt ons, more to follow...
post #3 of 4 Old 01-30-2018, 10:14 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Welcome! I'm kind a like you.Iv'e been on here for a while but sold my 67 fb mustang. I've owned a FFR Cobra since and now a 1965 Falcon. Their Fords. A lot of great people and great information here. Roger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-30-2018, 11:11 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Hello
Sponsored Links
Advertisement