Long Time Lurker and Former Mustang Owner - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 01-27-2017, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Long Time Lurker and Former Mustang Owner

Hey everyone, my name is Ryan. I've been a long time lurker on the corral and its about time I make an account as I'm going to be starting a fox body build soon. My girlfriend has always wanted to learn how to wrench and try to involve herself as much as possible into my love for cars and bikes. Her father had a '78 Cobra II Hatch as his first car, he now owns an '11 GT500 and my father gave me an '03 V6 vert with Pony Package as my first car. Mustangs have always been in my life and always will be. It was the first car that I learned the characteristics of RWD cars and how to get a handle on something sporty even though it was just a V6 it had a little bit of go after the exhaust, intake, throttle body, a bit of porting, and a tune. For a first car it was amazing and that V6 sound after installing the exhaust made me quite a popular kid in high school. Fast forward to now after the bragging and acting like an idiot as a young kid... I now have this amazing girlfriend (soon to be wife) who has suggested we do a project car, something from the late 80's or early 90's since she loved the boxy look of a lot of vehicles back then. She has always loved Mustangs because of her dad and after some searching online and chats at dinner she suggested we work on a fox body together. Unfortunately, since we recently moved to a small condo in SoCal to continue my career I no longer live at home in Massachusetts where my parents' garage was always available along with my tools. In a few months work will be moving me back home to be the IT Manager for a new factory and we will be buying a home along with a 5.0 to take up the first bay of the garage. I'll be giving up my love of riding and selling my Ducati Monster to free up garage space and cash so we can not only build something fun that is a bit more practical but I actually get to interact with her more besides having her sitting behind me for hours at a time during our bike rides. This will be fun moving forward and I can't wait to interact with a lot of you to buy parts, obtain knowledge, and share the entire build with everyone. Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this novel, these next few months will be interesting for sure.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement