looking for ppl with 5.0 ranger swaps info - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 02-17-2016, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
looking for ppl with 5.0 ranger swaps info

hello my name is oscar and im looking into doing 5,0 swap for my 1990 ranger. i have a 99 explorer limited.
i have done research on this but am still unsure. im planning on using the explorer as a donor. i will use the engine, transmission, rearend, and everything in between. for the most part the swap should bolt right up from what iv gathered.
if thats not the case please let me know what i dont.
one concern is the X is AWD. how can i by pass this or remove this option.
second i have a 91 5.0 HO engine and iv read that i can use the cam from the HO and use it in the explorers 5.0 engine. is it a plug and play type of deal or will i need to look into the firing order or other issues. next can i replace the X heads(99) with the HO heads(91)?
NOTE: sorry if i dont make sense i dont know much and im learning as i go.
like i said before if theres an issue i dont know about please let me know and thank you for your time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Bookmarks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode