Ford Mustang Forums banner

2004 Mystichrome Cobra For Sale 638hp/591tq, 46K Miles and More!

For Sale 
5K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  91svtcoupe 
#1 · (Edited)
I started a new ad so this would be strickly a For Sale Ad and not a Feeler.

Heres the details:

2004 Mystichrome Coupe #802, Six Speed, 638/591. (93 octane tune) I am the second owner of the car. It has been garaged for 90% of its life. I Should mention car is still title as a ONE OWNER CAR Some Collectors may want this. GA title No problem in getting a NC if need be

This car to me is an animal. If you have driven 600hp KB or Whipple Cobras then this car drives just like that. Its fast, It Rips the tires, hazzes them in Third gear at hard pulls 70-80mph. Just plain Nasty...... Its amazing seeing it going down the road.

Lots of Mods:

Car returned from Boosted Performance/Pro-Dyno getting a re-tune from over $3k in upgrades.

Car already had when I bought it:

2.6h Kenne Bell
Accufab Single Blade TB
60lb injectors
Flowmaster Exhaust
Metco Idle Pulleys
Metco Head Cooling Mod
MGW Shifter (orange handle)
Billet Flow IRS Brace
Inner Cooler
Max Motorsports Subframes Full length

Stuff I added:

Moroso Rad Coolant and innercooler tanks
True Forged Mach 5 wheels
295/35/18 BFG G Force Radials Rear
275/35/18 BFG G Force Radials Front (New style) 500 miles
Max Motorsport Subframe Connectors
SOS Duel Pillar POD
Single Steering Col Pod
Speed Hut Fuel and Volt Gauges
Aeroforce Duel Scan Gauge
Billet Interior Accessories
35% Windo Tint
Fore Black "The Terminator" Coil Covers

New parts just added: (These parts where purchased: some new and some used, added with-in the last 1000 miles)

Chrome Cam Covers
Metco Lower Pulley Kit

New Metco 100mm Idle Pulley
Metco Alt Pulley
Mac Long Tube headers
Bassani Mid pipe( not crazy about)
Fore Twin Fuel Hat
8an Line to engine with Aeromotive Inline Filter
Twin GT Pumps
New wire upgrade for duel FPDMS
Eibach Pro kit springs
Max Motorsport CC Plates
BBK Bump Steer Kit
New Rear End seals and bearings
New Plugs
IRS Bushings
New 26spline Input shaft, New Second Gear, Syncos, Shiftfork Tabs.
(Transmission went Through Small rebuild)
New JLT High Boost Cold Air Kit
Spec Alum Flywheel
Spec stage 3 Plus Clutch
Metco Steel retainer sleeve
Steeda alum quadrant and firewall adjuster
New Clutch Cable
Front and Rear Crossed drilled Rotors
Pro Dyno Tune: (Car has a flip Switch for Cold weather and Summer) 93 octane tune. I do on occasion mix some 110.
Stock Rear End with Stock Half Shafts

I drove the car to Myrtle Beach SC for Mustang Week 2010, had to replace the Front Pinon Bearing have not had any problems with it snice. I drove the car another 3 hours one way 09/25/10 to a show no issues. Car is very nice and still can be put up as a collector or it can be driven everyday if thats your desire. Car pulls Strong, everything works.

Bad info: Ony thing car needs Mech Speaking is an alingment. (I plan on getting that done ASAP...Winter here and car hasn't been driven much more than 100 miles in last 2 months). Didn't get that done after the CC Plates and Bump Steer install, Drives Straight.....however steering wheel is off center some. It has no leaks but I occassionally see from the JLT Breathers in the Valve Covers some Oil coming out them. Not enough IMO for a Catch Can. Not much else to really to talk about.

Cosmetic: Car does have 46k miles on it, so there are a few small rock chips nothing thats real major. These cars seem to get more rock chips than any other car I have every owned. Front Bumper has a few places small, hood has a few places, Right behind the door lower portion, Car has a small dimple above the passenger side fender, its noticable when pointed out, other than that people never see it. The passenger door has had some touch up paint on it. It would look better removed and the area left alone. Its kinda of hard to explain. Its like there was a small cratch and someone tried fixing it and made it look worse. but again its not noticed unless pointed out. Of coarse I see it all the time. I can get pictures of this stuff for serious buyers.

I perfer not to ship, But if your willing to buy it sight unseen I can help in any way I can. You arrange the shipper. I will not do refunds and will not be responsiable for damage during shipping. You Buy it As Is.

Local People can come ride in the car, Serious buyers can drive the car and we can work out any details from there.

Serious inquires only...not interested knowing if the price is too high. Wheels and Blower more than make up for the $5500 mark up on the car.

Price: $27500.00

Trades: Will look at all local trades with cash my way. (Meaning Nice Foxes, Coupes GT, Supercharged, Turbos, other Cobras. I am not looking to spend money)

Rather do about a $10k car Trade and then the rest in cash my way. Show me what you got, might do a $15k Car and rest cash my way....

Car was photographed for 5.0 Mustang and Superfords Mag back in August of this year, but I have no idea when it will make it to print. Few Emails last month saying the article was finished but not sure when it goes to print.

No Accidents
Clean Car Fax
All Orginal Paper work
Window Sticker
SVT letter Etc.

All Receipts Totaling about $15k

Recent Dyno Pull (November 2010)

638/591

Vids:

See less See more
#2 ·
Should Mention I would knock off $2500 For wheels and tires from the asking price you bring your wheels or I have some 18" Bullets I could Put on...

Other few things I forgot to Mention: True Forged Hood Vents, True Forged Side Vents and Cobra Logo GDM Plus I just put on a Set of BFG G Force Radials on the Front New Designs less than 300 miles

Some earlier ratings I would guess...

Paint 9/10 (picky 8.5/10)
Interior 9/10 being picky..normal wear on the drivers seat. Passenger seat prob hasn't been riden in more than 5k miles I am guessing if that....Carpet around the Gas Pedal has been removed but not notiable unless you look under the dash No tears, No Cracks,
Engine: 10/10 Cleaness and Wow Factor(super sharp under the hood), Mech and Power Runs great no knocks pings, etc.
Trans: 10/10 snice its just been gone through, Clutch Pedal is better than Stock and holds good. however I haven't had slicks on the car.
Exhaust: 8/10 Headers are great, Stand on it and its fine, Growls great...but its got a drone or rattle sound at about 3500, people like the way it sounds but its just okay to me...I think instead of the Bassani Mid Pipe I would rather do Mac Pro Chamber
Wheels: 10/10
Tires: 9/10 Fronts Rears 8/10

Other photos

#7 ·
I see Mike J was doing the photoshoot. He is a great guy. He did mine as well.

How much boost you making?

I really like the mystichrome especially yours.

#8 ·
Yea hes been super.....really a nice guy...

Yours the one that got caught spinning?

Boost is around 19-22 depending on Weather....gets cold here and pretty warm during the summer months.....hence the reason for the flip switch.....I don't have an accurate boost gauge on the car but on the dyno it was up almost 3lbs from a 114 degree day back in the summer during a tuning pull....598/579 and then this past November it made 638/591 weather was in the 40's

#12 · (Edited)
i have a mint 1992 coupe it is a original 5.0 car. i've owned the car since 1994. the body has 34,000 miles on it, it's white with gray interior. it has a new 331 stroker with forged internals, cnc fox lake tfs heads, areomotive fuel system, vortech s trim, Dynamic mity mite C-4 , with TCT convertor, huge list. the car is posted on here. i will trade you the coupe and my 1984 1/2 mustang GT 20th anniversary car, it's the rare GT-350 model. this car is all original except for the wheels, it wears it's original paint, and it only has 19700 miles on it. this car is a very nice unrestored original, it's a 5.0 with a 5 speed trans, it also has power windows and locks, it runs and drives great.i figure that both cars are well worth what your asking for your car. by the way that is a sweet cobra. please let me know what you think? i can give more info and i have all of my reciepts.
thaks for your time

#15 ·
DID YOU SELL IT?? REALLY INTERESTED!! LET ME KNOW..
CAR IS PENDING....THINGS ARE IN PLACE BUT NOTHINGS CHANGED HANDS. SHOULD KNOW BY THIS WEEKEND.....

Never Fails...have it Sold and I've had 3 pms and 4 emails this week.....

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.