1980 255 Cobra - Black w/green graphics - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 12-05-2007, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
1980 255 Cobra - Black w/green graphics

Guys, I hate to do this already but I’ve got to sell my ’80 255 Cobra (possibly my turbo cobra as well). I’ve been offered a chance to buy another 4 eye that I just can’t in my right mind pass up, so one of my bigger ticket cars has to go.

I’m sure you all saw the thread on this car both when it was on eBay, and when I brought it home. This is the same car, I have cleaned it up a little bit and made some necessary repairs to make it a nice driver. Here goes:

The car is an original Black/Green ’80 255 Cobra with the C4. It needed a brake job pretty badly, so a full brake system replacement was done professionally and at substantial cost. Front rotors, calipers, pads, brake lines, front bearings, brake booster, rear shoes, e-brake cables etc. The rear drums were turned and were about the only thing not replaced. The car stops on a dime. The suspension on this car is in unbelievable shape, it drives like a 20k mile car. There’s no vibrations, no squeaks, no rattles, no slop in the steering, it’s just a joy to drive. The front passenger side valve cover leaks some and needs to be repaired; it drops a bit of oil onto the exhaust manifold and makes a light amount of smoke. Easy fix. The car runs cool, has good oil pressure, all of the lights work, turn signals work, etc etc. The TRX tires are in OK shape, a small bit of dry rot but I have driven on them without trouble. I’d buy a set of driver wheels and tires for it just to be safe if you were going to put a ton of miles on it.

The interior is in excellent shape. The door panels are super nice, the dash pad is not cracked and has no sun-fading, it’s just really nice. The body is arrow straight, and the front air damn is as near perfect as I’ve ever seen. There is no sag in the middle part under the fog lights which is rare. The paint shines up really nicely, it turns heads everywhere. There are a few rust spots: the rear wheel well lips have some bubbling, and the bottoms of the doors have some as well but you can’t see it on the outside.

I don’t think I’ve left a whole lot out, but feel free to ask any questions. It’s located in Austin, TX and I’m asking $6500. Thanks! [email protected]

Chris
'86 Mustang Dominator GT
'85 Mustang Predator GT302R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-10-2007, 02:51 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Hi,
You still have this car?
Its gorgeous!

post #3 of 13 Old 12-10-2007, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the compliments, it is still for sale!

Chris
'86 Mustang Dominator GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 12-16-2007, 09:01 AM
SVTOA Chapter Director

Trader Feedback: (12)
open to any trades
post #5 of 13 Old 12-16-2007, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Unless its an '84-86 Predator or Dominator, I need the cash. Thanks!

Chris
'86 Mustang Dominator GT
post #6 of 13 Old 12-24-2007, 08:32 AM

Trader Feedback: (15)
That thing is awesome! Do you have any more info on the early Fox Cobras? Like what colors they came in? What color stripes you could get? Motor/tranny options? Etc. Wish I had $6500 laying around.
post #7 of 13 Old 12-24-2007, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

I've got some info up on my website, www.earlycobra.com. I own and run the registry for them, so there is some information under the history section. It's a work in progress.

Chris
'86 Mustang Dominator GT
post #8 of 13 Old 12-24-2007, 10:15 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
That is a really neat car! I don't think I have ever seen a green one. Good luck with the sale.

1986 Black GT with T-Tops
post #9 of 13 Old 12-24-2007, 10:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
beautiful car . If you havent already post it up over at www.foureyedpride.com

83 mercury capri 1.37 60 ON 275 40 R17 MT
81 mustang coupe
93 mustang chassis car
post #10 of 13 Old 12-25-2007, 03:26 AM

Trader Feedback: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Z06 View Post
I've got some info up on my website, www.earlycobra.com. I own and run the registry for them, so there is some information under the history section. It's a work in progress.
Cool, thanks. They must have not made many of the Cobras, eh? I looked around for about an hour last night and the only one I found for sale was yours.

post #11 of 13 Old 12-25-2007, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281CJ Mach1 View Post
Cool, thanks. They must have not made many of the Cobras, eh? I looked around for about an hour last night and the only one I found for sale was yours.
Yup, they are very rare and little is known about them, that's why I started the registry. I've got one that is the exact same color combo and interior but has the turbo-4 in it, and it is for sale as well. The car is posted for sale on foureyedpride.com as well. Thanks for all of the compliments! Anyone need one of these?!?!?!

Chris
'86 Mustang Dominator GT
post #12 of 13 Old 10-20-2008, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

This car is back up for sale. It has new exhaust (correct sport tuned style exhaust with walker muffler). I've probably put 1000 miles on it since purchasing and it's always been reliable. A/C works now as well and blows ice cold.

Chris
'86 Mustang Dominator GT
post #13 of 13 Old 10-20-2008, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Here are a couple of more recent pictures, just a quick photoshoot a friend of mine and I did. This shows the new exhaust, and just how well the car cleans up.

Chris
'86 Mustang Dominator GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement