FS/FT 1979 Coupe, 351W,T5,4.10s, fast and reliable - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-28-2007, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
FS/FT 1979 Coupe, 351W,T5,4.10s, fast and reliable

No tire kickers, if you dont have the money dont waste my time please. Ill take trades on Mustangs w/Turbo V8,Supercharged or N/A(depending on power),First Gen Lightning, or what else you got??
I dont have to sell this,seeing whats out there. I do not need a SUV or boat so please dont ask$6000 obo
1979 Coupe, originally a 2.3 Turbo car w/ srod 4-speed. All of that is long gone, here is a current list of mod's
On the highway the last time I drove to OKC I averaged 25mpg on the way down and back.
Interior
Converted to black, new carpet, everything in EXCELLENT shape, passenger seat has one small 3" seam starting to spread (vinyl), Driver set is a Corbeau and in good shape includes outdated rjs 5 paint harness, oil and temp in the dash with autometer 5" tach, NOS domelight bezel, headlamp knob, turn signal lever, Pioneer supertuner, kicker front speakers and rear 6x9's, kicker cvr 8" sub in ported pox with older Coustic Power Logic Amp, Fosgate .5 Farad cap, rear mpunt battery and starter solenoid, msd 6al (6000rpm chip) under the passenger seat, console delete car, a/c delete controls and dash panels, no sun visors installed, manual windows and lock, nice seatbelts and plastic surronds, 3rd brake light added also. 50resto dash cover (looks good and permenant).

Suspension/steering/wheels
KYB agx adjustables up front and new kyb gas-a-just in the rear, 95 gt front brakes with newer brake rotor's and pads, new motorsport c springs, southside lowers, boxed stock uppers, weld in subframe connectors, aerstar axles and ranger drums with new shoes/hardware, manual rack, pinto coupler, newer rag joint/tie-rods/ball-joints, 4.10 gears and rebuilt t-lok, fresh fluid. newer u-joints, bbk cc plates, new ball joints and lower control arms, 98 SVT Cobra wheels(tires are decent)
transmission
good solid rebuilt quiet t-5, pro 5.0 shifter, steel retainer, new clutch, newer throw-out, fresh fluid, prourethane mount with modified double hump cross-member, motorsport 28oz billet steel flywheel

engine
351w .040 over
truck rods/crank .020/.020
speed-pro pistons (around 9.5:1 i believe)
newer 28oz balancer
motorsport swap headers (beat-up) and flowmasters 2 chambers
fresh gt-40p's comp springs good to .550
"powered by ford" valve covers
msd billet distrib at 34*
msd blaster 2
motorcraft 8mm wires
edelbrock performer 351w
750 vac secondary
dual snorkel air cleaner mint
new alternator reverse tensioner, new waterpump, timing chain, lifters gaskets, bearings, and cam
cam is .496 intake .232 at .50 .520 exhaust .240 at .50
stock 2 core rad w/ taurus fan wired to a relay
all those new parts have less than 800 miles on them, car holds 25psi at idle 60 at cruise (not a hv pump)
motorsport oil pump drive
mac windage tray
motorpsport swap pan/pick-up
super clean all wires hidden and relocated, car runs really,really strong and drives great
I personally have not ran the car at the track, the previous owner ran it at TRP and busted off a 12.20(I think is what he said).At that time it had a smaller cam and 3.73s. It is a hell of lot faster now, with the dif. cam and gears, also the frontend has been redone, it would get sideways in all gears before 5th, Now it goes straight as an arrow. This is a very good Daily Driver that you can drive to the track and run all day long. I have no idea on weight but I would guess 2700-2800lbs.
It will not allow me to post pics, its on Dfwstangs dot net if you want to see pics or you can PM or email me and ill send them to you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-29-2007, 03:26 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Pics can be found at Sleepercoupe 's old ad on this site as well.

post #3 of 7 Old 11-29-2007, 04:14 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
you wana trade for a 03 v6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-30-2007, 12:02 AM

Trader Feedback: (54)
Want to trade it UPWARDS? Your car and $7000 for my 91 GT?
post #5 of 7 Old 11-30-2007, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhleonard View Post
Want to trade it UPWARDS? Your car and $7000 for my 91 GT?
Unless your car runs 7s, and is streetable, I think ill pass. I already have a 91 AOD, so Im not looking for that either. For 7g. I could get this car into the 8s easily.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-30-2007, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastBlack86 View Post
Pics can be found at Sleepercoupe 's old ad on this site as well.
I didnt know he had it posted on here, I got it off Craigslist and he was asking 5000-5500 there, so i didnt get as good of deal. Also Ive completely redone the frontend since I bought it off him, I put in the Brand new FMS lower controls arms/balljoints.
post #7 of 7 Old 12-01-2007, 12:18 AM

Trader Feedback: (54)
^ I assume you're talking in the 1/8th..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread