The car needs paint and some body work. It needs a portion of the DS rear quarter between the door and wheelwell replaced due to rust and 2 spots in the front floorpan both sides also. I have a set of SVO sail panels that will be included with the car. New door seals installed. The hatch seals have already been replaced as well as the hatch striker and I have door striker bushings and door hinge pin kits for it as well.
The interior is original with the exception of '04 GT two-tone cloth seats and a Kenwood CD player. The radio will not play CD's (no idea why, tuner works great). It could definately use carpet and a dash pad but is for the most part clean. No A/C (factory delete car), no power windows or lock, not even cruise.
The drivetrain/suspensin is where all of the hard work has been done. All that is needed is for the rack to be replaced - she leaks like a seive.
- 4K on freshened '91 5.0 shortblock. New rings/bearings, pistons were bead blasted, crank polished. Motor had about 70k on it prior to freshening. New std. volume Ford oil pump and ARP shaft. New double roller timing chain, E-cam, new Motorsport hyd. roller lifters and Crane hardened pushrods.
* GT40 iron heads, new valvesprings, 1.6 FMS roller rockers, ARP head bolts. Block/heads all detail painted (4 coats) in new Ford Grey hi-temp epoxy paint. Only thing not repainted was the oil pan. Engine does not use or leak any fluids at all.
* Tom Moss (TMOSS) ported upper/lower stock intake, 65mm spacer and 65mm BBK/Edelbrock TB. (Yes, it whistles ) 24lb injectors, 70mm MAF and ECM all removed from the same low mileage '93 Cobra were installed. Mass air conversion to OE '86 harness. K&N filter. Motorsport wireset and MSD cap/rotor, Autolite 764 plugs. All sensors were replaced except IAC. (TPS, IAT, Coolant temp, O2's), Walbro 190lph intank pump.
* Hooker equal length shortys, high flow catted H-pipe and '04 Cobra Flowmaster catback modified to fit the fox body. All emissions hardware is intact and functioning.
* Great shifting T5Z trans, new FMS steel flywheel, Centerforce DF clutch, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter and Steeda clutch cable/quad/firewall adjuster. Car has slight vibe at speed I believe to be the OE driveshaft; an aluminum shaft would most likely cure that minor issue.
* Front Suspension: Stock GT sway bar, Poly mounts/end links. Poly bushings and Moog SN95 balljoints in OE '86 arms. Moog inner/outer tie rods, Offset rack bushings. '04 Cobra coupe springs with Poly isolators. '99 Cobra spindle/hubs, '95 Cobra 13" rotors and Cobra calipers/hoses. Mach 1 Tokico front struts.
* Rear End: '04 Cobra IRS removed from Cobra @ 4k miles. All bushings replaced with Poly. OE 31 spline Torsen diff and 3.55's. '04 Cobra coupe springs. OE Bilstien shocks, stock rear discs with new pads. Summit proportioning valve inline, stock prop is gutted/plugged. Still using OE '86 MC and booster. Subframe connectors ready to be put in also go with.
* Car sits on OE '98 Cobra wheels with Wingate or some other no-name 245/45/zr17 rubber with lots of life left.
The pirce is $5500 for the car as it sits and we can negotiate, I am open for offer. Absolutely fantastic car for someone who can do bodywork. Any questions or specific pics needed PM or e-mail me. Phone number on request.