1986 5.0 5 speed Notchback - Slate Blue one of 254 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 09-20-2007, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
1986 5.0 5 speed Notchback - Slate Blue one of 254

The car is an original '86 5.0 5 speed notch (VIN verified and door tag verified) as well as one of only 254 Slate Blue '86 5.0 coupes. It has A/C, PS, PB but NO power windows or locks. It does have rear defrost. The car was repainted about 10 years ago and they really did a great job, but the previous owner added a saleen wing with is really the only major detractor on the car. The paint does have a few chips and scratches, and some oxidation on the hood and roof (one area on the roof has gone through the clearcoat, I have pictures), but overall presents REALLY well.

I am the 4th owner, but I have not put the title in my name yet. The previous owner has owned the car for 10 years or so. The interior could use carpet, but the seats are extremely nice as well as the door panels, dash is not cracked, the whole car is just super nice. There is no rust on the car. No rust on the bottoms of the doors (just light flaking of the seam sealer, no rust on the bottom of the trunklid, nothing in the floorpans, no rust anywhere. Frame rails are straight, the car has never been in an accident of any kind that the previous owner was aware of or that I could find. Most of his family worked for ford, and they were very particular about the cars they purchased and the quality of the cars. The core support on the car is almost mint, it hasn't been towed or jacked up there.

The A/C is not working right now, I believe it needs a recharge. The car runs and drives EXCELLENT. It has 3.73 gears in it, the only mechanical mod done to the car (it is completely stock otherwise). The idle does not hunt, it doesn't miss, it is a strong running '86 (I've owned a few, and it seems speed density cars always have the hunting idle problem). The only mechanical issue is that every once in a while 4th gear will block you out if you shift too fast, so it might need a 4th gear synchro at some point. It also needs a front main seal, it leaks some oil. I drive the car daily right now without any trouble though, it hasn't bothered me. The car shows 141k miles, but has a saleen speedo that was put on at least 10 years ago. The car more realistically probably has 100 or so; that is my guess based on how it drives and the strength of the motor. If you have any other questions at all, please ask and I'll answer as best I can. I try to be as thorough as possible.

I didn't intend on selling the car, but I've got a new business venture and a couple of the extra toys must go. It took me forever and a day to find the exact car that I wanted (those of you who know me, know that I get my mind set on one particular car and nothing less will do) and I didn't settle until I found an all original, un-modded '86 5.0 5 speed notch.

Asking $6500 located in Austin, TX.

Any other pictures that are needed can be supplied.

Thanks for looking!

Chris
'86 Mustang Dominator GT
'85 Mustang Predator GT302R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-30-2007, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

$6000 OBO

Chris
'86 Mustang Dominator GT
post #3 of 4 Old 10-02-2007, 11:16 PM

I love these cars.Good luck with the sale and ttt for ya.

1986 LX Coupe
1988 LX Coupe
1990 LX Coupe Black w/Black 25th Anniversary
1986 GT 1 of only 392
1986 SVO 9L
1993 LX Coupe 11.99/116 street tires
1984 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-18-2007, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Now on ebay with no reserve - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AME SE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260172307126&rd=1

Chris
'86 Mustang Dominator GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement