1986 Mustang GT sc/d just built - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-03-2007, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (11)
1986 Mustang GT sc/d just built

ok, here we have my just finished 86 GT, lots of time and money spent on this car and the results speak for themselves.. These 4 eye cars are getting very hard to find in this shape...car was purchased by me as a bone stock car save for a flowmaster catback and a BBk coldair, i originally planned on just putting gears and another catback on the car, then things just took another turn...well on with the goodies..
Car itself is an 86 GT, has had a repaint by previous owner, a few minor and i mean MINOR nicks/scrathes from being driven.. Body is VERY straight and rust free.. starting to show a little bit under the pass side wing on the hatch(where the wind meets the hatch) but you really need to look for it to see it.. has a Cowl hood, aftermarket fogs,(the marchals were MIA when i got it). Mostly all wiring in the engine bay is hidden except where main harness is routed along the firewall.. Also has the Stainless Trim plate on the firewall..

Engine: is a 306, balanced at 28oz, has Eagle Crank and Rods, Speedpro forged Pistons, DSS(canton) 7qt pan, Lokar Dipstick, Canton Main Girdle, engine is all studded, mains and heads both ARP, ARP intake bolts. Heads are fully ported Victor Jr's to a 1262R intake gasket, just fully gone through at ACA with a 5 angle valve job and everything, Pro-Magnum RR's, New Comp Cams Pushrods, Anderson B-21 Blower Cam, GT-40 Lower intake, mildly cleaned up, Downs ported Upper intake, 1" FMS intake spacer, 75 MM TB and spacer, 80MM PRO-M meter, 42# Lucas Injectors, DOWNS racing Billet Valve covers with moroso EVAC catch can, NEW Bosch 02 Sensors, NEW coolant sensor, NEW IAT sensor, NEW TPS, Trick flow a/c delete, NEW waterpump, 3 core RAdiator, Electric Fan, NEW Belt, HD balancer, NEW MOROSO Solid engine mounts, NEW high press/standard volume oil pump, new Walbro gss340 255 HP Fuel pump and filter, all gaskets were the premium fel-pros not the cheap ones, and probably a few more things im forgetting..

Supercharger: Paxton NOVI 2000, fresh back from paxton with recipts, 10 rib setup, HD brackets. has UPR boost pipe, BOsch BOV, installed with all new bolts, which you cant get from paxton/vortech anymore..

Ignition: Crane Digital Hi-6, MSD coil, MSD Billet DISTRIBUTOR, accell wires

Tuner: ANDERSON FORD MOTORSPORTS PMS

Exaust: MAC 1-3/4 LT's (fresh hi-temp PC'd) MAC midpipe, NEW MAC catback with 3" tips.

Gauges: All autometer, mech oil press. ran with braided steel line, elec. water temp, mech. boost/vac gauge., mech Fuel pressure gauge with braided line. 5" tach with lite.

Drivetrain: NEW Steeda CLutch quadrant, NEW steeda adjustable cable, NEW steeda Firewall adjuster(not installed), FORD racing billet steel flywheel, NEW SPEC stage 2 clutch, rebuilt t-5, Poly trand mount, FMS Aluminum DS, METCO DS loop, Fresh rebuilt rear with 3.73's, ALUMINUM FMS cover, MOSER axles 5 lug with 3" Studs, NEW Drums, Solid uppers, Poly bushings in lowers.

Front brakes: NEW Bearings, new seals, NEW 5 lug rotors, with 3" studs installed, NEW pads, HURST Line lock.

Wheels:
FRONT: NEW front weld pro-stars 15x3.5, NEW 165/15 Tires, NEW MCgard racing open end lugnuts.
REAR: Weld Prostars 15x8, 5.5"b.s, 15x10.5 M/T ET streets, again new mcGard open end racing lug nuts..

Charging system: Battery located in hatch using a Taylor Box, Moroso cutoff switch, has a Fresh rebuilt 3G alt. with the required 150 amp HD fuse assembly..

Car also has a set of JAZZ front racing seats with the nice Fabric covers not the cheap vinyl.. also they are mounted on Holcomb Motorsports fox body brackets ($$$$)..

I have driven the car only about 10 miles since completed and havent made a WOT run on it.. so i cannot give any et's ect.. The car runs and drives fine around town, but I would take it and make sure the TUNE from AFM is safe with a wideband on the dyno before making a wot run.. also the Rear tires will most likely need tubes, they hold air but for some reason the pass side tire will leak down after 2 days.. i guess thats what i get for running tube tires without the tubes.. Thats about it, no fluid leaks at all.. oh and i would also invest in a set of frame connectors before racing the car also..

Im sure there are a few things i put on the car im forgetting.. I take my time building all my cars so nothing was rushed or cut corners on.. Car has an emissions exept sticker and was built with nice weather driving in mind.. so heater/ac was removed, but box and all equpment to put the box back in will be included..

I have well over 13K invested plus what i paid for the car.. Its just that im now without a DD and need something for work as i may be changing jobs soon. Will take trades on a Boat or jetski or other mustangs plus Cash.. or wanting 8500 or b/o, i know the car is worth alot more if i part it, but i really dont want to it turned out way to nice.. .. I have many pics of the car along the way of it being built so PM me any questions you may have.. The pics below from my cheepo camera do not do this car justice..

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25...stang86001.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25...stang86005.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25...stang86006.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25...e/IM000167.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25...e/IM000163.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25...e/IM000142.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25...e/IM000141.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-03-2007, 08:28 PM

Trader Feedback: (21)
very nice 4 eye good luck with the sale

post #3 of 9 Old 09-03-2007, 09:47 PM

Trader Feedback: (85)
WOW! Very Nice,you just cost me a pair of undies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-04-2007, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Car just got fresh PA inspection and emissions Ememption stickers Today so if you are in PA you are good to go!
post #5 of 9 Old 09-04-2007, 11:47 PM

Trader Feedback: (61)

Hey Guys someone shoud wake up here. I saw this car several times, its not 1/2 a##ed like most are, its a really nice car. And you cant even come close to the price of building it let alone how many 86's are left with no rust?
post #6 of 9 Old 09-06-2007, 04:31 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Smile SWEET!

I love it! Im interested! I want to see it!

Glenn in Mount Joy
post #7 of 9 Old 09-06-2007, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

glenn, emailed you my #, call me to set up a time.
post #8 of 9 Old 09-07-2007, 12:24 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Smile stang

Done deal! Im waiting to hear from you for a veiw time!

Glenn
post #9 of 9 Old 09-08-2007, 12:54 AM

Trader Feedback: (12)
very very nice car good luck with the sale!! I would go for it but i already have 2 86's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement