86 GT w/T-tops for sale cheap! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 08-03-2007, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
86 GT w/T-tops for sale cheap!

I have a 1986 Mustang GT, 5 spd, T-tops for sale that is in fairly rough cosmetic condition. The car has about 170,000 miles on it and the engine and trans were rebuilt at 112,000 miles (New synchros an clutch in trans. and new bearings, rings, oil pump, in motor and new springs in heads with valves gound and set plus all gaskets, etc., when doing a rebuild - basically all internal engine parts were replaced except for the pistons, crank, camshaft). I have owned the car since 1990 and the car was sitting in a barn for 2 years and then has been in my driveway for the past year when the property where it had been sitting was sold. I have been keeping it thinking I might some day restore it or even make it into a race car, but have finally realized it will never happen and I am just making it worse by having it sit for so long. The car was put in the barn when a brake line rusted and broke and was in running condition when parked. I had put an American Thunder cat back system on about 2 years before parking it and it has a K&N air filter, but it is otherwise stock.
The body (painted grey) has significant rust. The rear wheel wells, lip on rear hatch, and doors are rusted and the interior (maroon) is pretty faded. The T-tops are in good condition. The car has not been run in a year and the battery is shot. The motor has been strong and had no problems when it was last running. It is sitting on the stock 10 hole wheels with some older all-season tires and I have a spare set of 10 hole wheels with almost brand new summer performance tires mounted on them. I also have the master cyl. and front spindles and calipers from a 1991 GT in case someone was interested in upgrading to the newer/improved 87+ front braking and suspension. The car is located in Muncie, IN and I am willing to part with all of it for $500. The set of spare tires and wheels alone are likely worth that much and I am selling the whole thing so cheaply because I just need to get rid of everythig quickly - my loss is your gain. Let me know if anyone is interested (765-760-1204).

Last edited by srapcan; 08-06-2007 at 08:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-06-2007, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
The car has sold.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement