'86 GT, IRS, Cobra brakes/wheels, fresh motor/trans - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-16-2006, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (109)
'86 GT, IRS, Cobra brakes/wheels, fresh motor/trans

I'm not real excited about this but I am considering selling my project '86 GT hatch. I have been working on this car for a year and have a lot of time and money in it but I really need to find a more daily driver-able car ( i.e. A/C and cruise). The list of mods is below:

* '86 GT hatch, needs paint and body work. Mainly on the drivers side in front of the rear tire. I have pics of this. Paint is weathered and faded, the previous owners apparently did not know what wax was. Car has been hit long before I had it, I have pics of where the metal was replaced from just ahead of the shock towers to the radiator support. OE Ford parts were used ( there is a dated Ford sticker on the bottom of the hood from 1991) and all body lines match well. I have replaced the door seal and window run channel in the PS door, as well as the hatch seal and striker. I have the seals for the DS they will be included, as well as a set of hinge pins/bushings for the doors.
* '91 302 shortblock, approx 1000 miles on rebuild. Stock rods/pistons, they were glass beaded and reinstalled. Block was cleaned, honed, new cam bearings and frost plugs. Crank polished. New oil pump and ARP drive. E303 cam, double roller timing chain, new FRPP hyd roller lifters and pushrods. GT40 iron heads with 1.6 FRPP rockers. TMOSS ported stock intake, BBK 65mm T/B and Pro Products spacer, EGR delete, IAT, coolant temp and TPS sensors replaced, new O2's. Mass air conversion with '93 Cobra ECM, '93 Cobra 70mm mass air meter and 24lb injectors. Hooker equal length shorty's, O/R H-pipe with 2 high flow cats installed, '04 Cobra Flowmaster cat-back.
* T5Z with new FRPP steel flywheel and Centerforce clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, Steeda quad, cable, adjuster. Trans shifts great.
* '98 Cobra wheels with Z-rated rubber
* '04 Cobra IRS rear ( removed from a Mystichrome @ 4000 miles), All Energy suspension bushings, Bilsteins, '04 Coupe springs, rear discs.
* '95 Cobra front hubs, calipers, rotors. SN95 balljoints in OE Fox a-arms. New inner/outer tierods, '04 coupe springs, Energy suspension end links and bushings ( A-arm and sway bar), stock '86 sway bar, '04 Mach 1 Tokico front struts. Car will need a new rack. ( I was going to put my 4V Cobra motor in it and already have a Cobra rack so I did not replace it with the rest of the front end.)
* Interior - Needs carpet, dash pad, and center console lid does not latch. Has '04 GT cloth seats, power driver seat is functional.

The car runs, drives great. Could probably use a IAC but it only hunts for idle for a couple of seconds. Its by no means perfect but with paint and some carpet would be a nice toy. PM with questions or for pics. Looking for $4500 obo or trade for a clean 87-up stang in good mechanical condition and functional A/C. Thanks.

'97 Cobra...Terminator in SN clothing.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.3L Lysholm, Aluminator, T56, IRS.

Last edited by PritchSVT97; 07-16-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-17-2006, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (109)
T T T

Sponsored Links
Advertisement