Ford Mustang Forums banner

'79 Notchback with Capri fenders and rear 1/4.

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  key 
#1 · (Edited)
I got this car from a friend of my father-in-law, here's what I know about it:

- It was originally a 1979 mustang Ghia
- It's got a recently rebuilt carb'd 5.0
- It has either a 3350 or 3550 Tremec transmission
- The previous owner said it has 3.73s
- It has had capri body panels added on
- It has short-tube headers
- Off-road H pipe
- Aftermarket exhaust (not sure what though)
- Autometer Tach
- Fat&Skinny welds (4 lug)
- MSD
- No A/C, Heat, or Power steering
- It's pretty fast, but I haven't taken it to the track

I wanted to make it into a driver, but I have a new baby and I won't have the time. It drives fine right now - probably could use a tune on the carb and a brake job. I drive it to work sometimes and it's fine.

I'll take $2,800.

Here are pics:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Key, if it isn't a problem could you please post or email me a couple other pics of the interior, engine bay as well as detailed pictures of the entire car and undercarriage? Is there any rust on the car, dings, dents? Is the rearend a 8.8 or a 7.5? Does the car have a manual steering rack, or has the power steering just been taken off? Do you have the rest of the interior to complete the car? Also are the body panels aligned correctly from what you can tell?

Did you get the car started alright? I remember reading that you could only get the solenoid to click.

I really like the car but want to make sure it's exactly what I'm looking for before trying to work out a deal.

Thanks,
Lucas M.
montelius@hotmail.com

#3 ·
You've got mail.

#4 ·
I'm interested in trades for a daily driver if anyone has one.

#6 ·
#8 ·
Tell me how to tell and I'll look. I thought those were fuel injected??

I'm considering taking trades as well, so if anyone has a daily driver (like an old civic or something), let me know!

#10 ·
i have a 85 4cyl i am the second owner and have all recipets from day one. down to the oil changes and the window a crack head broke out. it has about 60,000 on the motor and i am the only one to ever work on it besides a mechanic. i will also give you money of corse.
or i have the rx7 that im puting a 302 into i could trade straight up for it. its allmost done. there are pics on corral

#11 ·
no it dosnt have to be fuel injected. other than just knowing if it is or not im not sure if you can with out takeing it apart some. do you have any recipts on the build?

but thats fine how deep in ky are you? my zip code is 64111 im in kc. mo. do you know how far you are from there? i want this car im working on getting all the cash together and should have it all real soon.

#12 ·
i was reading your post and can you give me the same info on how its runing now. did you ever get the starting problem, carb problem, and what ever else is wrong fixed? how noticable are the welds on the quarter panals? thanks

#13 ·
TTT... Did I ever answer your questions ericiscool?

#16 ·
It has only been a day. What do you want to know about the car?

#19 ·
That's fine, I just wanted to make sure you had seen everything available online first so you didn't come over to Jeffersonville for nothing. I'd hate for you to come all the way and then not like it because of something that was shown in the pictures..

I'm going to PM you my cell #. Call anytime tomorrow, maybe you can come see it this weekend.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.