86 GT low miles, Pittsburgh - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 05-02-2006, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (5)
86 GT low miles, Pittsburgh

finally got it back and gave it a quick wash. This thing only has 26,900 miles!!!!! original, saw the title w/ that mileage on it. He was a very old fellow i know that bought this 10 years ago and it needed a rear 1/4 panel and he fixed it. Now its a reconstructed title. He never drove it, or even put a plate on it, put it in the garage every fall and took it out in the spring and put a cover on it.

The color is something different, looks purple from one angle, red from another, blue when looking directly at the sun in the paint. Must have been one of the first chomeatic paints they used. Car was originally silver but it was done right and all the jambs are painted the current red. only thing still silver is in the engine bay and under the carpet in the hatch

The brakes are very soft, master is full, but he said he put a caliper on and never bled the brakes, and the bottom of the doors are rusty from having rain go down them for 10 years during the summer. Cant really notice from outside, left taillight has small crack and there is one spot of rust by windshield(see pic of inspection sticker) other than needing some little things the car is very solid and ready to be modded, raced, cruised or put back away. Floor pan is solid as can be, interior is pretty nice, some fading but nothing real bad. Just needs sprayed in some spots. Its an AOD, with a/c, power windows and locks, havent looked it over that great. Motor sounds great, no smoke, exhaust great. HERES a bunch of pics $3400 OBO, trades considered

2011 GT 6spd-stock
2010 Ram Hemi Crew-CAI,sc tuner,magnaflow

Last edited by madmaxin22; 05-06-2006 at 11:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-06-2006, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

2011 GT 6spd-stock
post #3 of 16 Old 05-07-2006, 06:38 PM

Trader Feedback: (14)
any offers?

Tired of MSD's repeat 6 series box failures consider an affordable alternative, Pro Comp Electronics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 05-07-2006, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

not yet... the car is worth keeping and fixing up if i cant get close to 3k or so out of it....and i wont be selling it if my 87 sells first

2011 GT 6spd-stock
post #5 of 16 Old 05-09-2006, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE- bought new drums for the rear, and one new wheel cylinder, bleed all the brakes w/ new fluid. Pedal is still soft but definately alot better than it was. Drove it on the road, and the steering wheel is off an 1/8 turn so it needs aligned. Changed oil and filter and antifreeze also. TTT

2011 GT 6spd-stock
post #6 of 16 Old 05-11-2006, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

got a new oe master cylinder, and going to put a booster on it as well. Buffed the car out and it looks pretty damn good and fixed the rust on the passenger door last night. passenger was not as bad as the drivers. Gonna tackle that soon as well. Would not take too much to put it back to original, needs the door moldings, GT moldings, and 2 fender moldings.

2011 GT 6spd-stock
post #7 of 16 Old 05-11-2006, 05:43 PM

Why are you replacing the booster?

Tired of MSD's repeat 6 series box failures consider an affordable alternative, Pro Comp Electronics
post #8 of 16 Old 05-11-2006, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

gonna have a mechanic check it out first, but i think it may need it. brakes are still very soft, and it looks like crap

2011 GT 6spd-stock
post #9 of 16 Old 05-11-2006, 06:00 PM

The booster will not cause it to have a soft or spongy pedal. Make sure the rear brakes are adjusted correctly, bleed the system so you have clean clear fresh fluid coming from every bleeder. Start with the right rear, then left rear, then right fron't then left front. Do NOT "pump up" the brakes then open the bleeder. Have someone work the pedal. When the pedal is UP open the bleeded, tell them "down" have them tell you when it is all the way down. When it is down close the bleeder, then tell them "UP", have them tell you when it is up. Repeat but be sure to check the master cyl to be sure it doesn't go dry.

BAD BOOSTER: If you have a hard pedal or no power assist or if you hear air leaking into the booster from under the dash at idle. Then change it.

post #10 of 16 Old 05-11-2006, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

ya, we did that exact process a few nights ago. At least there are brakes now where as before there was none. I may still replace the booster as it is if its not to expensive. Every few hours i put into it is one step closer to being my future ride...... thanks for the info

2011 GT 6spd-stock
post #11 of 16 Old 05-15-2006, 05:19 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
That thing looks like it has 129K miles on it based on teh way the engine compartment looks...

Paint looks aweful and it has a reconstructed title.....I would say if you can get $1500 for it you'll be doing very well.

1966 GTO 455EFI 5spd project,
1996 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 5spd-Daily beater-For Sale-Email for Details
2003 Chevy Cavalier LS Coupe
post #12 of 16 Old 05-15-2006, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

did i ask for opinions. how about a pm next time you dirtbag. why dont you go **** on someone elses post. Do i care what you think. The car sat for 10 years. The paint is awesome as a matter of fact and the engine looks like crap because it was never ever cleaned... had an offer of 2200 so what do you know mrgto. get a life

2011 GT 6spd-stock
post #13 of 16 Old 05-15-2006, 05:52 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
The engine compartment and intake do look a little "weathered" from what I assume is a high humidity climate, but I'll be real surprised if you don't get $3k.
The outside looks great from the photos.
post #14 of 16 Old 05-15-2006, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

thanks Jim... yes it sat outside during the summer months. I could have spent 3 days and painted and cleaned the engine bay and try to hide stuff but im honest. i have been working on the car and more than likely keeping it for myself. Its real hard to prep and paint the intake and other things in the engine bay interior is near perfect as well as the body. You dont think its a good deal fine, go look at the next mustang, but dont crap all over it saying its junk when he's the one trying to get 3 grand out of a junk ford ranger..........

2011 GT 6spd-stock
post #15 of 16 Old 05-16-2006, 07:01 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxin22
did i ask for opinions. how about a pm next time you dirtbag. why dont you go **** on someone elses post. Do i care what you think. The car sat for 10 years. The paint is awesome as a matter of fact and the engine looks like crap because it was never ever cleaned... had an offer of 2200 so what do you know mrgto. get a life

Uh, i used to post a lot over here....haven't updated the sig...truck sold LONG ago. And I got more than $2200 for it...you should have taken it....

Let me know when it sells..lol

1966 GTO 455EFI 5spd project,
1996 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 5spd-Daily beater-For Sale-Email for Details
2003 Chevy Cavalier LS Coupe
post #16 of 16 Old 05-16-2006, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgto
Let me know when it sells..lol

if you could read you would see that i do not need to sell this as bad as you needed to sell your nice ranger once again... get a life

2011 GT 6spd-stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement