FS: 84 SVO, Big Turbo, New Engine, Trans, etc - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-10-2006, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (6)
FS: 84 SVO, Big Turbo, New Engine, Trans, etc

I have a 1984 Mustang SVO that I'm selling. It has 124,000 miles on the chassis but the engine, clutch, transmission, and rear end are fresh. The rear has been upgraded with a 3.73 gear instead of the 3.45 (84-85 SVO's had 3.45's whereas the '85.5's and 86's had 3.73's).

All the SVO specific pars are still intact such as the 140 speedo, Recaro Seats, Rear Spoilers, Body Side Moldings, Rocker Trim and Rear Tire Side Spats, Koni Struts, Shocks, Wheels, Lugnuts, etc. The only thing really missing is the Marchal Foglamps.

The Engine received a complete rebuild with Sealed Power Pistons, etc. The stock turbo and intercooler were removed and a larger Holeset turbo and Volvo Intercooler was mounted up front, along with a 3" downpipe emptying into a 2-1/2" Y pipe. A polished billet aluminum bypass valve was also added but not yet hooked up. The fuel pump was upgraded to a 255 Lph intank unit and the external booster pump was eliminated. The computer was swapped out to a '87/'88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe in order to run the larger 36/38 Lb/Hr Fuel Injectors to thwart off detonation. A custom made turbo header was used to mount the Holeset Turbo.

Since the turbo is significantly large than the stock Garrett, it doesn't spool as quickly (3000 RPM vs 2500 or so), but once it's spooled, 20+ PSI is no problem. I have a lot of experience with SVO's and this one flat screams. Most stock '85.5 or '86 SVO's will run like a stock 5.0 car. This one will EAT my '86 5.0 Capri that has light mod's.

With some tuning, paint and a little detail work, this would be an awesome car! The only real body damage is on the front lower core support on the passenger side and the bottom of the front cover. It would cost very little to have the lower core support straightened and either fix the bumper cover or just replace it with one from Late Model Restoration.

I have a couple boxes of parts that will go with the car for the asking price such as an uncracked stock "E6" turbo manifold, stock Garrett Turbo, Stock computer and Injectors, new Flowmaster 2-1/2" Flowmaster Tail Pipes, etc.

If anyone is interested in looking at the car, feel free to PM me or give me a call at 816-830-4150.

Bill

1994 GT Conv 5.0L 5 Speed

Last edited by Stripper88LX; 02-16-2006 at 07:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-13-2006, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Going on Ebay tomorrow morning.

Bill

post #3 of 3 Old 02-16-2006, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

SOLD!

Bill