For Sale 1986 Mustang GT with Turbo - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 08-11-2015, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (9)
1986 Mustang GT with Turbo

***Price Drop$$$
Up for Sale is a very nice 1986 Mustang GT 8 cyl Turbo. There is a ton of work on this car and is allot of fun. Turbo setup made a conservative 382 wheel horsepower, and 402 ft/lbs of torque with only 7 lbs of boost on mild tune. It has a 70mm turbo, and everything proper for it to run right. Car is not cut up and is in great condition. I had the car for about a month and it had 3 owners before me. I am driving the car on weekends and only had to change the clutch cable, quadrant, and added a fire wall adjuster to meet my needs where the clutch should grab. Also purchased weather strip kit door and window kit to finish off the already nice body. Car is a very nice driver and I had no problems with her. I have had over 15 mustangs and this is the best driver I had. Turn Key and go.
Cash is always king, however I will Trade for 2005 and up Mustang GT manual transmission, WRX, G35, EVO, Focus ST, Marauder, of equal value. Trade Value is $9250. Cash Value is $7,500 or Best Offer. Yes, in full disclosure I did not pay $7,500 for the car but is worth every penny at $7,500 or somewhere around that number.
I am selling it because wife was not happy that I purchase another mustang, especially since it doesn’t have AC at this time. She convinced me to focus on my 68 fastback build, of course, she would like to drive for herself any of the above cars mentioned.

Motor:
• Rebuilt 306 with nice cruising cam, with 29,000 miles
• Performer intake, Edelbrock performer upper and Edelbrock performer lower intake.
• Edelbrock performer aluminum heads with SVO 1.6 Roller rockers

Transmission:
• T-5 Heavy Duty Transmission, motorsport clutch kit with heavy duty clutch plate, pressure plate, throw out bearing, and pilot bearing. Also motorsport clutch linkage upgrade kit with heavy duty clutch cable and throw out fork
• Aluminum driveshaft
Rear
• 8.8 rear with 3.73 Gears was swapped for the 7.5 rear . Speedometer very accurate
• 31 Spline auburn diff, w/ the appropriate axle shafts.

Fuel setup
• 42 lbs injectors
• Aeromotive Fuel regulator
• BBK 255LPH pump,
• Stock fuel rail and lines (You don't need an upgrade until you hit 550 RWHP
• Wideband
Turbo setup
• 70mm on3peformance turbo with custom piping/work to fit larger 80mm Turbo and use all stock accessories including Air Conditioning. Currently running 7lb spring
• TIAL waste-gate and blow off valve BBK headers
• All of the hot-side exhaust is wrapped,
• Intercooler 3" Blow Through PMAF, it is called a PMAS Pro Tube 3" blow through Mass air flow sensor
• Professionally Dyno Tuned.

Exhaust
• 2.5 Dynomax Mufflers with stainless steel tailpipes. No drone noises like the Flowmaster 40's everyone has. Nice rumble without being too loud.
• Exhaust comes off of the turbo (3" downpipe), obtains its two oxygen sensors, and the wideband sensor. The exhaust then drops downward into a Y pipe in which it retains its factory dimensions where it uses the dual mufflers and tail pipes. This vehicle is very tame in terms of decibels.

Suspension
• KYB GR-2 struts,
• BBK caster/camber plates
• Koni rear shocks
• BBK specific rate springs
• STEEDA Heavy duty Rear sway bar, upper and lower control arms
• 'G-load' front bar installed on sub frame
• BBK sub frame connectors welded in.

Ignition
• MSD 6AL with rev limiter (set at 6,000 RPM)
• Stock type coil (do not use MSD, problems with them)

Other
• MAF conversion
• 3 core radiator
• Edelbrock high flow water pump
• Loads of service records since 1986 and most upgrades receipts for the car including original window sticker
• Mini starter
• Power locks, Power windows, Factory sunroof, Factory AC (no compressor, lines, condenser).

Wheels: Take you choice of:
• All 4 lug rims - Fittipaldi Rims (seen in the pictures on the car currently) , 10 Hole rims with brand new tires, or Weld Draglite rims (has slicks, not streetable)

Paint and Body
• 1 bubble in door. Surface rust "scaling" on the inner door at bottom where it meets the weather stripping. A few rock chips and marks here and there but a nice driver paint job. Car shows very well.

What I would do if I kept the car
• Install new Heater core add AC upgrade kit
• 2 chips in Windshield passenger side, can NOT notice when you drive.
• Add MSD 8910 Dash Tach adapter
• Install already purchased weather strip kit and window channels
• Have someone fix the small seem tear in Driver seat
• Install inner wheel well cover to cover MAF. (I have it)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 08-11-2015, 11:14 AM

Trader Feedback: (26)
Wasn't this just for sale?

1990 Strawberry Metallic over black LX hatch. Coyote and Liberty coming.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1997 Ford Crown Vic, the Bad Granny aka C6 killer.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 Old 08-11-2015, 04:37 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
see also AdrenalineViaDrift's recent ad: https://forums.corral.net/forums/must...0mm-turbo.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 08-11-2015, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Yes it was.
post #5 of 19 Old 08-11-2015, 08:28 PM

wow where do you come up with the trade value and cash value numbers ? lol he couldn't give that car away, until you bought it
post #6 of 19 Old 08-11-2015, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for trolling boostman.
post #7 of 19 Old 08-11-2015, 11:17 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
It definetly pains me to see it immediately back up a week or two after it sold for a lot more than I got for it, but I am the one who let it go and needed funding ASAP.

I had ZERO people come look at that car, and every person who I personally saw it at shows alone said anything under 8k is a steal.

It sold for a solid bit less, only because i needed funding for another vehicle. Car is truly one of a kind. The documents are priceless in my opinion. Car has well over 4k into just the turbo setup, over a grand into suspension and body reinforcing, aftermarket heads, intake, etc...

After someone installs AC ($800 dollar LMR kit for r134a) and a new heater core, this thing would fetch 9k all day long...

Good luck with sale. Hopefully someone will actually be able to keep it and appreciate it.

I'll gladly talk to anyone who wants more info about the car and it's ins and outs.

P.S. Boostman; you have no idea the cleanliness of this car or the build quality. So don't think you have any validity, or idea of value. Just because there were no interested buyers, that does not mean the vehicle is not worth it. Trollololol elsewhere.
post #8 of 19 Old 08-12-2015, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Tim. I love this car, but I love my family more. Happy wife,.happy life...
post #9 of 19 Old 08-12-2015, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351clevormustang View Post
Thanks Tim. I love this car, but I love my family more. Happy wife,.happy life...
Same reason it had to go for me! Too much toy for this time in my life... Hell, the woman I sold it for was the one who allowed me to turbo it in the first place. As you mentioned, cars come and go.

GLWS.

Anyone who is interested in a turbo fox, especially a four eye MUST take a look at this car before passing judgement. If I had funding I'd definetly pay to get it back. These clean examples are only going up in price.
post #10 of 19 Old 08-12-2015, 08:21 AM

Uh yea you guys are delusional,without the turbo that's a 3000 dollar car and if your wives dictate if you can buy a car or not then I feel sorry for you, sorry the truth hurts,it's such a good car that you buy it and try getting out of it in a week,something's wrong, anyway all I asked was where you got the value prices from and you want to get offended? And adrenaline watching your desperation to get rid of the car was comical . Anyway I'm done lol

post #11 of 19 Old 08-12-2015, 03:27 PM

Your opinion is very important, thank you. Free bumps!
post #12 of 19 Old 08-12-2015, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Car is now for sale for $3001.01. I now agree with the previous comments. The supercharger and all the additional mods are Atleast with $1.01. Smh
post #13 of 19 Old 08-12-2015, 10:16 PM

Are you going to fix the oil leaks and rot ?
post #14 of 19 Old 08-13-2015, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

Oil leak fixed yesterday. Added catch can breather to valve cover and simple re tightening of valve covers, all gone. As far as rot, you have no idea what you talking about. I've seen and owned many mustangs and still own 5 of them. The dime size rot and SURFACE scaling would have been addressed if I kept the car. Car is not rotted. Please come down and see the car. Your not far. If you are not interested in the car, please move on.
post #15 of 19 Old 09-07-2015, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Ttt, found something that I want, $7200
post #16 of 19 Old 09-27-2015, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Car is sold.
post #17 of 19 Old 11-07-2015, 11:54 PM

Whoever bought this car. .... please sell it to me, seriously !!!
post #18 of 19 Old 11-08-2015, 01:35 AM

I have a mustang for sale if you are interested
post #19 of 19 Old 12-24-2015, 09:36 AM

See if your wife would like a 93 convertible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement