For Sale Mint Modified 86 GT For Sale - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 12-26-2014, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (5)
Mint Modified Supercharged 86 GT For Sale

Can delete thread, keeping car and more upgrades to come.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 12-29-2014, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

New 1 time price drop, will take $10,000 FIRM.

post #3 of 15 Old 12-29-2014, 09:15 PM

Trader Feedback: (12)
Very nice 86 i remember seeing this car for sale on this site i even spoke to the old owner a few times very nice guy. Would love to see it your just a long way from NJ you also did a nice job finishing it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 12-30-2014, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey1 View Post
Very nice 86 i remember seeing this car for sale on this site i even spoke to the old owner a few times very nice guy. Would love to see it your just a long way from NJ you also did a nice job finishing it up.
Thank you Jeffrey1, yeah it's a great car. He did a nice job on keeping the car in great shape and started a nice foundation of parts for me to add on to. I do love the car so if it doesn't sell won't hurt my feelings.
post #5 of 15 Old 12-30-2014, 12:17 PM

Can't stop looking at I so want it. Does it need anything else besides a tune. How does it ride is it tight no rattles. Doors close good. How does is feel with blower and the AOD does she have power
post #6 of 15 Old 12-30-2014, 06:23 PM

What's your zip code trying to figure how far you are and what town are you in
post #7 of 15 Old 12-30-2014, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
What's your zip code trying to figure how far you are and what town are you in
Shoot sorry for my lack of response. My zip code is 48340. The car doesn't have any rattles or anything out of the ordinary at all. All new weather stripping was added after the new paint job 4 years ago.

The car is tight and wonderful, doors open and shut perfect. No slop in the handles or the alignment of any closures.

As for the power and AODE I haven't driven it after the upgrades due to needing a front end alignment due to the new front end kit and needing a tune. It runs and drives since I've taken it around the cul-da sac on my street to turn it around in my garage for winter storage and started it a few times to listen to it and drool how nice is runs/sounds. I have an awesome video I took but it says to large to email so not sure how to email it I can send you.

Feel free to call me is you want to discuss more but the car is fantastic no corners cut at all. You won't be disappointed.
post #8 of 15 Old 12-30-2014, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Can't stop looking at I so want it. Does it need anything else besides a tune. How does it ride is it tight no rattles. Doors close good. How does is feel with blower and the AOD does she have power
Just needs front end alignment and tune due to new Team Z front end kit and tune from added parts. Nothing needed as in damage, leaks or anything broken. Starts, runs and drives fine just not a long drive or periods from maybe running a little rich and not wanting to hurt anything. All is good and ready for the next owner to have fun and go play.
post #9 of 15 Old 12-30-2014, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Added new video of the car, cold start and walk around.
post #10 of 15 Old 12-31-2014, 06:40 AM

Do you have some interior pictures of the seats rear hatch door panels. And maybe some undercarriage shots

post #11 of 15 Old 12-31-2014, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Do you have some interior pictures of the seats rear hatch door panels. And maybe some undercarriage shots
Yes, will post this morning. Give me a hour or so.
post #12 of 15 Old 12-31-2014, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

added more pic's
post #13 of 15 Old 01-01-2015, 08:26 AM

Can you explain why you needed a trans controller. I never herd of the us shift controller. The car is a 86 they came with auto in 86. Will the factory computer not make the car shift. If it was removed. I guess this is like a stand alone unit. Will the car shift without it and go into O/D. Is this controller something everyone users. Thanks jeff
post #14 of 15 Old 01-01-2015, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Can you explain why you needed a trans controller. I never herd of the us shift controller. The car is a 86 they came with auto in 86. Will the factory computer not make the car shift. If it was removed. I guess this is like a stand alone unit. Will the car shift without it and go into O/D. Is this controller something everyone users. Thanks jeff
In 86 they came with an AOD, my car has a AODE. US Shift is a product from Baumann Electronics who's made the "Baumannator" shift controller for years. Many shops around me still swear by it to use it and tune with them on AODE tranny's. The AODE is electronically controlled so it's nice because you can dial in your trans just like the motor, put the two together and you get great drivability. You can add all the shift points, shift firmness. Yes it's a stand alone unit which I have in the glove box. It comes with a CD and can also pull tunes from their website to get starting points and adjust as needed. It also show's gear selection, trans temp and many other features. I would have loved to have mounted it in view and was going to try the ashtray location but we have to cut some of the ashtray bracing when I was going to use the B&M Pro Stick shifter. Now that I have the stock shifter in place as I'm just going to put it in D and go the ashtray door covers it up where we cut. If I keep the car I might make a bracket or something to put in out in view to use at my finger tips as it has a LED read out display on it. All in all don't need to adjust much once it's dialed in it can be stored away unless more adjustments are needed pull it out.

When I was going to do my engine dyno tune the shop was also going to tune the trans/controller to match my RPM levels, power levels and match the shift points correctly to get a rock solid combo. Put it in D and mash the pedal and go. Google USShift.com or Baumann Electronics and read up to get the big picture.
post #15 of 15 Old 01-01-2015, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

TTT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement