For Sale 86 5.0 5 speed - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 06-30-2014, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
86 5.0 5 speed

Hi, I have an 86 Mustang that has a 91 front clip and a Cobra rear bumper. The hood, fenders, and bumper are from a 91GT. The car is in remarkable condition and I will try to explain ALL the good as well as ALL the bad, so here we go....
The motor is stock other than an Edelbrock EFI intake. It has factory headers, an aftermarket H pipe, and a set of 3 chamber flowmasters. The car runs and drives great. I drive it a few times a week. My wife and I took it on a trip last week to Austin and it did great with no problems. The drivetrain is very dependable. The T-5 5 speed is in good shape with a Pro 5.0 shifter installed. It shifts great but if you shift into 5th quickly it will grind. If you shift normal it does great with no issues. The rear end has 373 gears and is stock other than that. The body and paint are almost perfect! I would say a 9 out of 10. The paint is less than 2 years old. The interior is also almost perfect and is also only 2 years old. The headliner, door panels, front and rear seats, carpet, dash, and floormats are all in perfect condition. It has an Autogage tach (I would remove it but theres a hole in the dash where its mounted), and all the facory gauges work. The AC system is 100% brand new from the compressor, condensor, and dryer...even the lines are all brand new. The AC blows ice cold and works great. The cruise control even works on this car. It also has a flip out DVD player, it had a full system installed so all the wiring is still there. I will give the buyer a new set of front speakers for it. I did not want to drill holes in the new door panels so I never installed them. The car has a set of Cobra R rims with brand new tires. There is an alram on the car and it works great. It has great oil pressure and the temp always runs cool. I just replaced the fan, clutch, and shroud a few weeks ago. It also has a new 180 tstat. Both stickers are up to date for the next year and I have a clean blue TX title in my name. The odo shows 113xxx miles and I believe this is correct as solid of a car as it is.
The "bad".....
as mentioned above..5th gear will grind if you are not easy with it.
Being the car has 373 gears the speedometer is off...it still has the 273 speedo gear on the T-5.
The rod came off the passanger door....It will not open from the outside..I may fix this since its a very quick fix.
The driver window needs a little work, it needs help going up and goes up about an inch from the top.
The fuel gauge is about a 1/4 of a tank off. It works but when its at 1/4 of a tank....your on empty. The low fuel "dummy light" works though.
Thats it....this is a great, clean, nice car.

Tha price is NEG. I have a set of factory pony rims I can put on the car and lower the price just a little.
************************************NO TRADES**********************************
*********NO TRADES******************************************NO TRADES********
More pictures on the ad below

BEAUTIFUL 86 5.0 Mustang NEW PAINT AWESOME

Robb

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140629_142637.jpg (164.4 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg 20140629_142654.jpg (176.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 20140629_142732.jpg (88.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 20140629_142828.jpg (79.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20140629_142709.jpg (160.4 KB, 14 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement