For Sale 1985 Mustang SVO - Comp Prep - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-17-2013, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
1985 Mustang SVO - Comp Prep

After almost a decade of ownership, I'm selling my Comp Prep. One of 40 Comp Preps produced in 1985, mine is 1b, dark grey metallic with leather. A Marti report confirms the car's authenticity and scarcity. This particular car is 1-of-1 equipped with manual windows, manual locks, no A/C, no radio, no sunroof but included leather. The car was a stripper from the factory with no options other than leather seats.

The car has only bolt ons, and I've held onto all the original parts. Other than full-length, Steeda subframe connectors the car can easily be returned to stock.

Body
Starting in 2007 the car was totally disassembled, stripped and refinished in the correct Ford 1b, dark grey metallic color by a professional body shop, specializing in fox body cars. This process included patching two rut holes in the body in the c-pillar and one spot on the hatch, just below the rear window. The rest of the body was clean (california car). The lower doors, fenders, quarters, and hood were totally rust free. The passenger rear wheel arch had a baseball sized dent that was smoothed, filled and repaired. All the trim was stripped, cleaned and painted in the correct medium grey. The car received all new dew wipes, weather stripping and body plugs. I installed all NOS emblems and decals consistent with an early, 1985 SVO to match the condition of the car when it came to me in 2004.

Engine
The engine received only stealth mods including a new head with vitron seals and a ranger roller cam. The exhaust manifold is a later E6 that has been ported and coated with high temp black paint. The original turbo was cleaned up and reinstalled with fresh hardware. The original intercooler and brackets are there. The factory boost solenoid was replaced with a bleeder valve but is included with the sale and currently resides in a box. All the original wiring is intact and in reasonably good condition. This engine has not seen more than 16psi of boost since being rebuilt. I installed a full turbo back 3" exhaust with catalytic converter to comply with emissions. The cat could be removed as the car is now old enough that it doesn't need to be tested.

Drive-line
The transmission and 7.5 posi rear-end are all original to the car; both were gone through in 2007. The factory hurst shifter is still there and shifts perfectly. The clutch was replaced last month along with the control arm bushings in the rear-end.

Interior
The carpet, headliner, upholstry and dash pad are all new along with a few miscellaneous trim pieces that were sun damaged or broken. The sun visors, door panels, seat belts, dash, gauges and steering wheel are original. A correct SVO steering wheel, recovered in charcoal grey leather with horn pad is included with the sale but not installed. The correct shift knob with hurst logo is long gone and I haven't been able to find a replacement though they come up for sale on ebay from time-to-time. The leather ebrake handle needs to be recovered but is original to the car.

Suspension
The original forged steel, front lower control arms and their irreplaceable ball joints are intact and in excellent condition. New, Koni shocks/struts were installed in 2009 along with springs from a Mach1, lowering the car 1 inch all around and keeping the same spring rate. Correct factory style springs are available from Moog. The original sway bars, control arms and spindles are all there and in good condition. The correct SVO brakes and associated hardware is all intact and functions properly.

Overall Condition
I drive this car daily. It starts and runs well and cruises comfortably at highway speeds. There are still areas that could use some attention but the car is basically 99% finished. I didn't set out to build a trailer queen. It has 140k miles on it currently, many of which were racked up one quarter mile at a time by the previous owner.

I have done my best to describe the car's condition. Asking $18,500 obo.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 555392_551375354916255_351164598_n.jpg (92.9 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0832.jpg (83.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0834.JPG (82.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0840.JPG (100.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0833.JPG (83.8 KB, 12 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-17-2013, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

ttt

more pics

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 104_0225.jpg (66.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 104_0226.jpg (90.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 104_0227.jpg (83.9 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 104_0228.jpg (96.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0841.JPG (133.1 KB, 40 views)
post #3 of 3 Old 09-26-2013, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

ttt

bump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement