For Sale CLEAN 86 GT supercharged 351 w/ AC - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 Old 03-26-2013, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (8)
CLEAN 86 GT supercharged 351 w/ AC

Car is no longer forsale. Its gonna be used for a 03 cobra swap and is gonna be repainted silver.

Figured i would post some pics of the "dirty seats" and the bad paint. I was told the car had factory paint other then the hood (after market) and hatch.

Last edited by JDB 84; 04-01-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 Old 03-26-2013, 09:04 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB 84 View Post
Hate to do this. But got a wrecked 03 cobra and looking to do a foxswap. This is one of the cleanest 86 cars you will find. The car has never been to the track or on slicks. Its a Nice car you can drive anywhere with the AC blowing. If you have any questions or need more pics, just let me know.
May do some trading on a 89-93 coupe roller

Thanks

1986 Mustang GT
Oxford White
358w
Speed-Pro pistons
eagle rods
Vortech S-Trim (8psi)
Alternative Auto modified bracket for 351W
Edelbrock RPM Heads (professionally ported)
TrickFlow R Intake (ported)
CompCams XE274-HR with CompCams valve springs
Crane Retro-fit link bar roller lifters
1:6 R/R
Arp rod bolts
Arp head studs
Windage Tray
FMS Tall valve covers
UPR Power Pipe
UPR smog pump eliminator
Brass 3 core radiator
MSD 6AL
MSD BTM
MSD tach adapter
Autometer boost guage
Aeromotive adjustible FPR
FMS 42lb injectors
Aeromotive Fuel rails
Braided fuel lines underhood
C&L 76mm meter with K&N cone
70mm Throttle Body
Mass-Air conversion
Stock A9L custom tune with flip chip (SCT)
Walbro GSS340 in-tank pump
T5Z (Never on slicks or powershifted)
BBK 1 3/4 Long tube headers
BBK O/R H-Pipe
DynoMax Ultra-Flow Stainless Mufflers and 2 1/2 Tails
Zeitronix Wide-Band with Display (setup to log:AFR,RPM,TPS and Mass-Air voltage via laptop)
15x5 and 15x8 Welds
Drive shaft safety loop
Welded subframe connectors
90/10 struts with 4cyl springs in front
New Gabrial shocks in back
FMS 3:73 gears
Cervenis 2 1/2 Cowl Hood w/ painted GT factory style decal
Car was dynoed two months ago on 8lb. and made ~523.9 RWHP/~535.7 RWTQ with conservative tune (street tune) Flip chip.
Car should make close to 600HP on 14lb of boost,Car runs and drives great. Can drive it anywhere. The complete AC system is brandnew. Everything has less then 3k miles. Never been to the track.
sure im leaving out a few things but you get the idea,
If you have any more questions just let me know. Thanks
$9800

super sweet 86....

post #3 of 58 Old 03-26-2013, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 58 Old 03-26-2013, 09:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (20)
wow, if i were only in the market. Very nice!

Shameless plug.... My Business

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Use coupon code MADSPEED for a 20% discount!!
post #5 of 58 Old 03-27-2013, 03:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Finally, a car on this site truely done right AND priced fairly for what it is & has! Good luck to you on this sale its a no brainer= 351, power adder, working air conditioning, clean body & interior. And most importantly not a hack job under the hood. Neat brother, I love it !

Last edited by X-4BANGR; 03-27-2013 at 03:41 PM.
post #6 of 58 Old 03-27-2013, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Got a deal working ill keep y'all posted
post #7 of 58 Old 03-28-2013, 09:40 PM

I am very interested in this car. Please send me a contact number so I can call you. Thanks
post #8 of 58 Old 03-29-2013, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

I got a deal pending on the car. Ill let you know Wednesday at the latest if its sold for sure.
post #9 of 58 Old 03-29-2013, 01:04 PM

i am a serious buyer with cash in hand. I have been looking for a clean 4 eye for a while now. i would love to come up there saturday evening or sunday morning and pick this car up. If you really want to sell this please call me. I will pm you my number. thanks
post #10 of 58 Old 03-31-2013, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Last edited by JDB 84; 04-01-2013 at 03:36 PM.
post #11 of 58 Old 04-01-2013, 01:31 PM

Here's the truth about this car!

Let me start by saying I normally would never do this, but I feel the need to warn other people that might be interested in this car about the REAL condition.

I've been looking for a clean White '86 GT off and on for a long time. It was my first Fox-body, my baby and got me started in this hobby. I was forced to sell it back in the day and have regretted it since. All of my buddies, family and hell my co-workers know to be on the look out for a "clean" '86.

Last week my buddy Dan "sidewayscoupe" here found this ad. I contacted the OP about car. We spoke about the car. I asked him the general questions, got the VIN for a Car Fax. The Car Fax rated the car a 36 of a possible 37. The OP told me the car's hatch had been painted, but the rest (other than the cowl hood) was original paint. I told the OP I would like some pictures of the door bottoms, floor pan which he provided. The pictures looked fine just like the rest of the pictures in the ad. This made me want the car 100%, a "clean" southern '86 GT in White like my first car? I was a buyer!!!

During the next couple days I was going to cash in an investment fund, so I told the OP I'd send him a deposit of $200 to old the car. That was on Weds, I told him if I couldn't get the money moved around by Friday to keep the $200 for the inconvenience. I ended up getting a check the next day, which was Thursday from my Credit Union. They didn't have the cash on hand and Friday was "Good Friday" so they weren't open. I told the OP if I couldn't get the cash by Fri/Sat I wouldn't be able to head down until the following Tues. Luckily I deposited the check into my account at Chase, they told me there was a one day hold and that I could get the $ Saturday.

Saturday I told the OP, I had the money and was planning on leaving mid afternoon (I had to work) to come get the car. Not look at it, not test drive it, to BUY IT. I never once tried to talk him down, I was will and planning on paying the $9800 asking price. I wasn't going to let this one get away. During that week, the OP keep telling me how "clean" the car was. I told him I was extremely happy be getting this car.

Just as I told him Saturday I left work a little early, hooked up my trailer, grabbed my dog, buddy and started our 826 mile one way trip. We drove all day, night and into the early morning. We got to town right around 4 am, got a room and crashed for a couple hours.

Sunday morning I got up around 8:30 got ready, contacted the OP and headed to his house to go get my new baby. As soon as the OP opened the garage door, I was a little bummed, the hood was WAY off color for reasons I'll get to. The OP started the car and it sounded good, my inner kid was jumping for joy. I thought "I've got my '86 again!!!!!" which that feeling would be short lived.

As soon as the OP pulled the car out of the garage into the Sunlight, my stomach dropped. I saw the tell tale signs of paint work!!! What happened to the "clean" '86 with original paint? Was this a bad dream? I looked the car over thinking in my head "Well there goes giving him the $9600 in cash I had in my pocket" (remember the $200 deposit was already in his account). Now some will think "so it was painted", which might not have been bad if it were for a ####ty Macco or worse job. The f$&#ing paint on the roof, lower doors and rockers was CRACKED!!! So the "clean" original paint (except hood and hatch) turned out to be a ****ing mess!!!

Now I still wanted the car, I had this stupid sentimental thought of having my first car back. I walked away and called a few buddies to get their thoughts. I knew it was going to be at least 3k to paint the car because it had to be completely stripped. After talking to a few buddies they told me $6k to maybe $6500. The OP showed me the original hood which was also cracked from the ####ty paint job.

I offered him $7k because I really wanted the car. I was willing to deal with the paint for the Summer and paint it this Winter when I tore it apart for a Mod motor swap. He countered to $8k and wouldn't budget, I went to $7500, but he said "No". Some might say "what's the extra $500 for a car that you really wanted". To me the extra $500 wasn't the problem, the problem was, what else is wrong with the car? Was the motor really what he had listed? Did it really only have the 3k miles he claimed? How about the supercharger? If the things I could see were ****ed, what about the stuff I couldn't. I just couldn't take the chance.

Now the reason most of us are here is because we are enthusiasts! Any so- called enthusiast would have known the car was painted. Hell even your average Joe could have see the ****ing cracks in the paint. So either the OP is completely ignorant or a scammer. I'm thinking the latter of the two, maybe he thought "This guy is driving with a trailer over 800 miles, he won't leave without it". Well he was wrong! I jumped in my truck and took off. I ended up sitting up the street at a gas station thinking I should go back and knock his teeth down his throat, but that would have just made things even worse. In the end I spent 26hrs driving, missed Easter dinner with my family, bought a hotel room, spent over $500 fuel and put 1600 miles on my truck and trailer just to get screwed over by a scammer.

Sure I could have spent the extra $500 and had the car, but the fact the OP lied about the paint (you just can't be that ignorant) I didn't want to take the chance the drive train would have lasted. My plan was to drive it for the Summer sell off the drive train and do a mod motor swap, but I'm a honest guy and I couldn't sell off a drive train I didn't really know the true history of.

I'm sorry for such a long and drawn out post, but I really got ****ed in this deal. All the OP had to do was be honest. I would have NEVER driven 800 miles to buy a lie. The car is NOT "clean", the seats need to be cleaned if they even can be and the paint is ****ing garbage.

In the end BUYERS BEWARE and I hope the OP gets ****ed over hard!
post #12 of 58 Old 04-01-2013, 03:53 PM

Trader Feedback: (24)
thanks for the heads up...

1986 True Blue Vert
CAMS built 331

Last edited by csims6; 04-01-2013 at 04:03 PM.
post #13 of 58 Old 04-01-2013, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

I was unaware of the car being repaint. I told you what I was told ill even post up the ad. Scam? I didn't take any of your money or try to hind anything. That's why you look a car over to make sure your getting what you want!
post #14 of 58 Old 04-01-2013, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

And I closed the ad cuz now I'm aware of the problems with the car and they will be taken care of.
post #15 of 58 Old 04-01-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
And I closed the ad cuz now I'm aware of the problems with the car and they will be taken care of.

Bull####!!! You closed it because I called you out here and on SVTperformance. You knew the paint was garbage, but you lied to me and said it was original!!

BTW you've already been banned on here with your screen name from SVTperformance! I've already forwarded that to the Admins!

Scamming Slack Jaw!
post #16 of 58 Old 04-01-2013, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

It was cuz my and my brother (which) lived in the same house had our own memberships and they don't allow two members on one IP adress and I've already talked to them years ago and had it taken care of, so stop acting like you know everything!
post #17 of 58 Old 04-01-2013, 04:38 PM

Wow, what a jerk off you are! edtootall has an impeccable rep on here and our local board. You are a waste of space.

89 Mark VII
post #18 of 58 Old 04-01-2013, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by re-Markable LSC View Post
Wow, what a jerk off you are! edtootall has an impeccable rep on here and our local board. You are a waste of space.
You don't even know what your talking about! I've been on here for years and this the first bad dealings I had.

I didn't try to get over this guy, I feel bad he wasn't happy with the car! YES he did point something's out about the car I didn't know.

I've offered to pay him back some of the money he spent coming down here!

Just keep it to yourself and let me make it right with the guy.
post #19 of 58 Old 04-01-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
It was cuz my and my brother (which) lived in the same house had our own memberships and they don't allow two members on one IP adress and I've already talked to them years ago and had it taken care of, so stop acting like you know everything!
So let me get this straight. So years ago, for no good reason, your brother account cause you to be banned on the site because two accounts were using the same IP? So in the years that have passed, your IP address never changed either and you couldn't log back in? That's as bad as you claiming you were oblivious to the fact paintwork had been done on the car. ESPECIALLY a WHITE car.
post #20 of 58 Old 04-01-2013, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

No when he sign up it banned both of us. He didnt have an email so he used mine, talked to some one who ran the site and they said that was the reason. And I post some pics of this bad paint. I've never noticed it until he pointed it out! Thanks

Last edited by JDB 84; 04-01-2013 at 07:42 PM.
post #21 of 58 Old 04-01-2013, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

I listed the car as I knew it to be! I was told it was factory paint!
post #22 of 58 Old 04-01-2013, 07:46 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by re-Markable LSC View Post
X2

I didn't realize the car was posted here as well.

I guess this is a reminder that everyone has their own opinion of "CLEAN" or "the cleanest 86 you will find".

And I want to publicly apologize to Matt for causing him this headache and wasting $500+ of his hard earned money.
post #23 of 58 Old 04-01-2013, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

I offered to give him some of his money back, he told me to F off. Look at the pics!
post #24 of 58 Old 04-01-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Car is no longer forsale. Its gonna be used for a 03 cobra swap and is gonna be repainted silver.

Figured i would post some pics of the "dirty seats" and the bad paint. I was told the car had factory paint other then the hood (after market) and hatch.

Just as in all the pictures I got from you, you can't see the paint problems because the sun is washing them out in the pictures. Trust me when I say this everyone, when you look at the car in person you can see the cracks. The OP agreed with me once he "saw" them.

BTW keep the $205.50 which is half of only my fuel costs that you offered. I'd rather have my integrity and feel like I wasn't being paid off. You have a decent '86 GT with paint problems. It's not worth the $7500 I offered and really not the $8k you countered even if the drivetrain is 100% what it's listed.

BTW I noticed you didn't post a picture of the stock hood with the crack running down the entire side of the raised center area. If you're really careful though I'm sure you can take a picture at just the right angle so it doesn't show!

Last edited by edtootall; 04-01-2013 at 08:56 PM.
post #25 of 58 Old 04-01-2013, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Your the one who told me to pull it in the sun to look at.
I posted the pics so everyone could see. I'm not saying I didn't see them once your pointed them out! All I'm saying is I described the car as I thought it to be.
Sorry you was unhappy with it,

Last edited by JDB 84; 04-01-2013 at 08:20 PM.
post #26 of 58 Old 04-02-2013, 09:24 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
me and everyone at my shop have seen this car several times, im telling you this car is clean. i didnt notice anything wrong with the paint, but it is white. overall this car is very clean ,hell the motor and blower is worth 6500. ive been trying to trade him a coupe for this car. everyone on here knows the risk of buying across state lines. everyones opinion of clean is different. no matter the paint condition the car is worth the money. if the car had a perfect paint job he would get 15k for it. i have personally driven long distances to look at cars and have come home empty handed, thats just part of it. the potential buyer made the decision to go easter weekend, he wasnt forced. i can see the guys argument if the car was a pos, but the overall condition of this car and whats done to it makes it worth the money hands down.
post #27 of 58 Old 04-02-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanzstang View Post
me and everyone at my shop have seen this car several times, im telling you this car is clean. i didnt notice anything wrong with the paint, but it is white. overall this car is very clean ,hell the motor and blower is worth 6500. ive been trying to trade him a coupe for this car. everyone on here knows the risk of buying across state lines. everyones opinion of clean is different. no matter the paint condition the car is worth the money. if the car had a perfect paint job he would get 15k for it. i have personally driven long distances to look at cars and have come home empty handed, thats just part of it. the potential buyer made the decision to go easter weekend, he wasnt forced. i can see the guys argument if the car was a pos, but the overall condition of this car and whats done to it makes it worth the money hands down.
If you didn't notice anything wrong with the paint then you're just asbad as the seller. How can you not tell the difference between an "original" paint job and a ####ty lacquer cracking paint job.

The whole point to this is the car was suppose to have original paint except for the hood and hatch. I would have NEVER driven 800 miles to buy a car for full asking price with a ####ty paint job.

As for the condition of the motor and blower, how do you know? If you can't see a ####ty paint job, who are you do say the motor and blower are good?

I'm a 100% stand up guy. I would NEVER #### anyone over on deal like this. I would NEVER mislead a buyer if I didn't know 100% that the part/car I was selling wasn't good.

The buyer didn't "know" and couldn't "see" the problems until I pointed them out? Really? Any car guy could tell something wasn't right about the paint, if you say different, you're just as full of it as him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cracking paint copy.jpg (534.7 KB, 90 views)
post #28 of 58 Old 04-02-2013, 11:52 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
so you should have bought the car of your dreams for 7500, spent three grand to get it painted, and still had a little over 10.5 in it and would have been damn near perfect. ive looked at all the other 86s on here and for the money nothing compares.
post #29 of 58 Old 04-02-2013, 12:24 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
so you should have bought the car of your dreams for 7500, spent three grand to get it painted, and still had a little over 10.5 in it and would have been damn near perfect. ive looked at all the other 86s on here and for the money nothing compares.
I think that he still tried to buy the car for $7500 and the seller countered with 8k.
post #30 of 58 Old 04-02-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
He wouldn't sell it to me @ $7500. He wouldn't move off the $8000, but after the paint wasn't what he "thought", how could I trust the drivetrain? He said I could have called his "buddy" that built it. Really? I just drove 800 miles to look at what I thought was an original paint '86 (except for the hood and hatch) and it turns out to have a ####ty repaint?

All the seller did is throw some A/C on a car he bought, didn't really know the entire history of and then tried passing it off on me as if he did. He copied the ad from the "buddy" he bought it from. He admitted that while I was standing in his driveway. That information would have been really nice to know 24hrs earlier.

My offer was way more than it should have been once he really didn't know the car as well as he claimed. Say I paid the $8k, then the drivetrain turns out not to be what he said? Then what? I've got an $8k car with bad paint AND drivetrain issues. I wasn't taking that chance.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!
post #31 of 58 Old 04-03-2013, 08:33 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
You don't even know what your talking about! I've been on here for years and this the first bad dealings I had.

I didn't try to get over this guy, I feel bad he wasn't happy with the car! YES he did point something's out about the car I didn't know.

I've offered to pay him back some of the money he spent coming down here!

Just keep it to yourself and let me make it right with the guy.
You can make it right by giving back all his money. Since you did not you just lost all of your integrity. Kudos to ed for the heads up.

1986 Mustang GT (original owner)
2012 GT 6M in Sterling Gray Metallic/Base Model
post #32 of 58 Old 04-03-2013, 08:58 PM

Trader Feedback: (16)
If you own a car, how do you NOT know when parts/portions have been painted? Especially when it's cracked?

You'd have to be blind or have zero attention to detail. Either way, I'd be wondering about everything else as well.
post #33 of 58 Old 04-03-2013, 11:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (10)
Quote:
BS your word is crap! Yah I have not forgotten that you and I talked on the phone several times and made a trade deal on a different car and you backed out and sold it out from under me. You sure are a stand up guy... Maybe if I would have made a bigger deal of it this guy might have searched and seen how stand up you really are...I wanted to give you the benefit of doubt.

89 LX Coupe Drag Car Under construction
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

86 LX Hatch
Yes I love mustangs!

Last edited by jimmy8541; 04-03-2013 at 11:11 PM.
post #34 of 58 Old 04-04-2013, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

You talking about the calypso coupe and your silver 03? I liked your car! And I even told you I had a few people wanting to buy the coupe. It's not like I left you hanging! I told you I found another car! Which I did, and I felt it was a much better deal, there was no money swapped or titles.

Last edited by JDB 84; 04-04-2013 at 02:51 AM.
post #35 of 58 Old 04-04-2013, 07:53 AM

Just give the guy his money back. Give him his money back and apologize. It goes a long way. The ONLY person who loses here is edtootall. He is out his time, travel expenses, AND the deposit. If the car is such a great deal like Bryanstangz says it is, maybe HE will buy it. Regardless, you should have no issue selling it if it's like either of you suggest. So what exactly be out by refunding his money?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement