For Sale 1980 Mustang 2.3 turbo coupe 4 speed - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-08-2013, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
1980 Mustang 2.3 turbo coupe 4 speed

1980 2.3 turbo Mustang coupe 4 speed.

79,686 original miles on the body and transmission. Second owner. The car was custom ordered from Ford by the original owner with the options. Technically, it is 1 of 1.

Car is tu-toned Dark Cordovan Metallic (brown) over black and has a red leather Ghia interior. Very clean, very minimal rust on the body. Floors are in great shape. It has an aftermarket air dam on the front of it, looks pretty original to the car but it's not factory. Also has a factory sunroof. Currently has silver ponies on it. Someone installed a side exhaust as well.

Exterior has some minor dents and dings. The only real damage being where the hood must have flown up at some point. The hood is bent in the corner and the cowl is dented. I do have a new cowl cover for it. The only major rust is on the decklid and it's pretty significant.

The interior, besides fading, is in pretty good condition. The dash pad and armrest pad are even in excellent condition. The rear seat has some splitting on the top. The headliner is sagging. It has manual windows and door locks. The drivers seat track was removed because the guy had put a racing seat in it at some point and lost the tracks. Easy fix. No radio. Was a factory radio delete car that at some point had Cerwin Vega speakers installed, although there is no head unit installed and no wiring harness, so someone must have had a radio in it at some point, maybe externally installed?

Runs excellent. Motor and turbo were recently rebuilt. Unfortunately, I don't have any paper work to support this, but I do have pictures of the motor while it was being rebuilt. I haven't driven it except up to the garage, since they are pretty strict here in NJ and I live right near the police station, I didn't want to take it out on the street. It went through all the gears fine and felt pretty good.

Here is a ton of pictures and one video Flickr: cgoulianos' Photostream

Door, buck and VIN decodes as follows:

0 = 1980 model year
F = Dearborn Assembly
02 = Mustang 2-dr coupe
A = non-turbocharged/turbocharged 2.3L engine
270477 = 170,477th 1980 Ford scheduled for production at Dearborn Assembly

Door Tag
Date - 05/80 = May 1980 build
F0093 = 93 lbs front accessory reserve load
R0078 = 78 lbs rear accessory reserve load
Exterior Paint Colors - 8N 1C = Dark Cordovan Metallic w/ Black lower
DSO - 16 = Philadelphia district sales office
Body - 66B = Mustang 2-dr coupe
Int Trim - QZ = leather & vinyl seating, low back buckets (Q), White & Vaquero interior (Z)
A/C - A = air conditioner
R - Z = radio delete
S - B = sunroof
Ax - F = 3.45:1 axle ration, non-locking differential
Tr - 6 = Borg Warner 4-sp manual transmission
YY = front springs
FF = rear springs

Buck Tag
MUSTANG = Mustang model line
270477 = 170,477th 1980 Ford scheduled for production at Dearborn Assembly
66B = Mustang 2-dr coupe
T = turbocharged 2.3L engine
MO = moonroof (sunroof)
0526 = body & paint assembly line rotations #0526
8N TT = Dark Cordovan Metallic exterior paint color (8N) w/ Black lower tu-tone (TT)
ST
AC = air conditioner
HB = heated backlite (rear defrost)
MBW = manual Borg Warner transmission (4-sp)
05 = hood scoop
V = visibility/light group
DCR
III

Car is located in Wenonah, NJ, just outside Woodbury. We are about 20 min off the Walt Whitman bridge from Philadelphia and 20 min. off the Delaware Memorial Bridge from DE.

Asking $1900 or best offer. I will not ship the car.

I would be interested in trades for an '86 GT or Capri. I would be willing to travel to make the trade.

PM me with any questions you might have or additional pictures/videos you might want and for my contact info. I would rather not post a phone number to avoid spam calls.

Thanks,
George

Last edited by 7upmustang; 03-08-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-09-2013, 02:49 PM

Trader Feedback: (26)
what a great little ride.

post #3 of 3 Old 03-17-2013, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
sold!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement