WTT 1980 Mustang 2.3T Coupe for 1986 Capri 5.0 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 03-03-2013, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
1980 Mustang 2.3T Coupe for 1986 Capri 5.0/1986 Mustang GT

We recently purchased this 1980 Mustang coupe 2.3T and was planning a 5.0 swap. However, after research and the response we received when asking about it's "rarity", we have decided we really don't want to swap out the drivetrain, but we aren't interested in a 2.3 turbo. It's not any "special" model, but is a rather unique combination of options for that year.

With this in mind, I am hoping someone would be interested in trading their 1986 Capri 5.0/1986 mustang gt, preferably a 5 speed.

The '80 has 79,686 miles on it. It's a 2.3 carburated turbo and a manual 4 speed and it is amazingly rust free. We are officially the second owners, although there was one owner in between who never titled the car in his name (he was a friend of the original owner, kept the car at the original owners house). He rebuilt the motor and the turbo. The car runs and drives. It has a moon roof and is two-toned Dark Cordovan (brown) and Black on the bottom. There is apparently an aftermarket air dam on it as well.

The hood must have flown up at some point and is bent and the cowl is cracked, but we have another cowl piece for it. Even the dashpad is in great shape! It has red leather interior and a console, no radio currently installed. Some pics are there, although I have to take better interior pictures. The only problem with the interior is the headliner is falling and the drivers seat track is missing (because the guy had installed a racing seat)
If you would be interested in trading your 5.0 Capri for it, please let me know. Something that needs work is fine, just not a ton of body work.

I am located in Wenonah, NJ. It's about 20 min. outside of Philadelphia and 20 min outside of Delaware. I would be willing to travel to swap if someone would split the expense of a tow (if necessary, again, we haven't tried to get it running yet)

1980 Mustang - a set on Flickr

Thanks!
George

Last edited by 7upmustang; 03-03-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement