For Sale MINT 83 GLX Convertible Project - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 01-10-2013, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
MINT 83 GLX Convertible Project

I bought this car with the intentions to redo it as either a Pace Car or Cobra Convertible. The body on this car is immaculate, has 35,xxx miles on it. The car was used as an interior donor for a kit car many years ago, it was sitting in a garage when I found it. As a paint and body guy, I could not pass it it up. It truly has minimal door dings, very nice paint and most importantly not a speck of rust on this thing. The pictures speak for themselves.

Like I said the most of the interior was missing. So I figured what better to do with this car than make a Pace Car convertible or a 80/81 Cobra Convertible.

So I then acquired a rotted Pace car that had all the goodies, including MINT Recaros, MINT door panels, a almost PERFECT front bumper cover, the hood with scoop, 3 piece spoiler, TRX wheels, complete black dash, console, kick panels,etc,etc,etc. I have the wiring as well. for the car too. Tailights,etc. Everything but the body shell. I still have the doors so that all the latches and lock rods can be converted to the Vert doors.

Since the car was an original 6cyl/auto, thats no fun so I have a 302 for it, an 82GT 4spd trans, complete with the bellhousing and shifter.

I also have a complete 86GT wiring harness, I mean complete from headlight to tailight, dash harness, body harness, etc,etc,etc. To make it an EFI car. I wasnt sure what I wanted to do so I picked up a rotted out Capri as the donor for the EFI stuff. I also have all the EFI stuff you would need to convert the car.

I also have an 8.8 with 3.73s for this project.

I basically have the entire car, all that is needed is assembly Heck you could put the interior in it as it sits and drive it, its that nice. Doors open and close perfectly.

When I got it, I made a wiring harness so I could start the car. The little 3.8 runs like a top, its quite, doesnt smoke. The carb leaks so I would suggest a rebuild if you were to keep it. But It should move under its own power, I never tried because the auto shifter is missing.

Now comes the hard part. The price. I would really like to sell it as a package to someone who wants to finish it. I can offer my services to finish the car as well, at a discounted rate if you would like and make it 100% turn key.

Only reason Im getting rid of this is I have several other notch backs, a newborn, and work is really busy right now. Unfortunately this car is not as much of a priority as I thought I would make it. I refuse to be the guy that hangs onto it for 100 years and never sells it, and then it turns to crap.

Im realistic. But lets start at $5000 for all of it, the car, all the Pace Car parts (seats, bumpers,doors, dash, wiring,etc,etc,etc) the TRX wheels, the 302 (of which I have several to pick, all are roller cam motors) the 4spd setup, the pedals, the 86 EFI parts.

Im realistic, Im open to offers. I WILL NOT PART THIS CAR OUT, however I will break down the extras if someone wanted just the car. At this point I really am not looking to sell the parts separately, they go with the car. If the car goes first then I decide what to do about the parts

It would need to be trailered, there are a lot of bigger extra parts to go with it.

I've attached a link to the pictures of the car itself. I need to get pictures of the extra parts that go with it. I have a clear title.

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...3%20GLX%20Red/

Midwest Mustangs, Inc.
Complete Auto Body and Paint
Specializing in 79-93 Mustang Repair
847 356 6771 Lake Villa, IL 60046
Sponsored Links
Advertisement