For Sale 1984 Mustang L 34K Orig. Miles, 3.8L, auto - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 10-16-2012, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
1984 Mustang L 34K Orig. Miles, 3.8L, auto

1984 Mustang L
34K original miles
3.8L V6 w/ auto
Dark Cadet Blue/Academy Blue

Price: $2295obo

Currently located in Lincoln, ME (hour north of Bangor).

Until I owned it, it was a family owned car the circulated through various family members in different states. It started out down south and made way to New England. Upon purchasing it in northern ME, it was owned by a couple who had moved to NH (near where I was living at the time) and didn't want to take it with them, as the restoration of the vehicle was more than they wanted to invest in it. I purchased the car with the intent of doing a full restoration on it, but once I got it home and cleaned up, I wanted to preserve the original character of the vehicle. After all, it is only original once. During the process of getting the mechanical work done, I transferred my interest to other Mustangs (this is one of nine fox Mustangs I currently own and one of eighteen in our immediate family). Because of this, I've done nothing more than dabble with it here and there. When I got this car, it was a diamond in the rough. I like to use NOS parts as much as possible, but please understand that some parts are no longer available, so I had to go with some premium parts from local retailers. Even down to the wiperblades, it says Motorcraft on it.

Please understand that this vehicle is roughly 28 years old. It is not perfect. I have been enjoying driving this around town for the past several weeks, as before I sold it, I wanted to enjoy it one last time and make sure that there are no unknown problems with the vehicle. From the new parts, the alignment was slightly off, so I did that just a few weeks ago too (after I took the photos).

Here is a more in-depth analysis...

MECHANICAL/ENGINE/TRANS

95% of the mechanical work is done. Only thing left to do is a good tune-up after it is driven a bit, clean and paint the top of the air cleaner and the valve covers (I would replace the gaskets while you're at it). I have put many new parts into this including exhaust, brakes, springs, and more. There was only one piece of the exhaust that was unavailable at the parts stores up here, so all pieces except that one piece of pipe are brand new. The original heat riser worked, but was in bad shape, so I replaced that while I was at it too.

EXTERIOR/BODY

As with any car this old, it does have bumps and bruises on it. The largest dent is probably on the top of the hatch and it is no bigger than the size of a nickel and less than 2mm deep. There are paint chips on the corners of the fenders, front of the hood, etc. (all the common areas). There is one area where the paint has come off that is the size of the palm of your hand on the right fender.

The front bumper does look grey in pictures and in person, however, when the hood is open, the inside of the bumper matches the blue on the car perfectly. I tend to believe that this is the original bumper, but is badly faded, but there is no way for me to confirm this. If I were keeping the car, I'd take it off, repaint it, touch up the other small scratches, and you'll have an amazing looking car.

The side moldings are starting to curl, so if you are anal about detail like I am, I would replace them instead of trying to fix them. Some of them that curled, the previous owner put a tiny screw in it to bend it back. The only bad curls are on the passenger side door and fender. It appears as though they tried to open up the door when it started curling and it bent that back out of shape.

Floors are in excellent shape. The left floor cleaned up nice with nothing more than specs of surface rust from rock chips. The right floor does have some minor surface rust that could easily be sanded, primed, and painted. No metal work is needed on these floors, it's all just surface. It actually looks a lot better in person than in pictures.

There is a little rust on the outsides of the doors in the corners, a small hole of rot beside the battery just big enough to put your finger in it (maybe from a leaky battery). There is minimal rust on the outside of the doors, the bottom of the left door is in excellent condition and the bottom of the right door will need to be cleaned out of rust, sealed, and refinished. Real easy job for any body guy and you get to keep the original door on it. The left door also has a very minor area or rust near the side view mirror. Also, this is a factory SINGLE mirror car. This vehicle does not have two side view mirrors. Right strut tower is in excellent condition (very minor rust blisters) and the left strut tower is in perfect condition.

INTERIOR

Interior is excellent. Seats are a 9.5+/10. The dash pad is original, however it is faded and has two minor cracks about 1/8" long in the speaker grates. The headliner also sags a little, but is in exceptional condition and could easily be spray-glued back into place. Rear quarter inner panels also have fading from the back hatch window. Directional switch has minor hair-line fracture in it. If I find an extra in my plethora or Mustang parts, I'll replace it. If not, I'll leave that for the next owner. Everything is stock with the exception of the aftermarket CD player in it.

Although equipped with A/C, it does need to be recharged. It blows cool air, not cold. The controller on the dash for this is suppose to have chrome knobs and currently has black. I may have an extra set of chrome ones. If I do, I'll include them in the sale.

If you have questions, please ask! If you prefer to talk on the phone, PM me with your phone number. If you want specific pics of anything, let me know. All reasonable offers will be considered, as I'd like to try to sell it before I move. It's just one less I have to move.

***Sold with Bill of Sale and current registration ONLY.*** Due to the age of the car, I could not apply for a duplicate title. Many states do not require a title on a vehicle this old. It is your responsibility to check with your town and/or state on this matter.

Too many to list!
<www.5pt0joe.com>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-04-2012, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
I've had a lot of interest on other forums, but shipping prices to other states have been a hindrance. If anyone is interested in the northeast, I can deliver it on a trailer if you cover my expenses (or if you wanted to meet me half way or something if you're really far from me). Now that the snow is here, I'll be putting it away for the winter, but will have easy access to it.

Too many to list!
<www.5pt0joe.com>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement