For Sale 1979 Mecury Capri RS - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-31-2012, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
1979 Mecury Capri RS

SOLD!!

Up for sale is my 1979 Mercury Capri RS. It is a rolling chassis. Color is orange. The car is completely gutted, with no interior in it. I grabbed the interior parts from the guy when I bought it, so you can have them if you want them. Most of it is there.

The floor is perfect with no rust. I looked all over the car and couldnt really find much rust at all. Only part I could find is in the engine bay on the passenger side. It probably wouldnt take much to clean it up, for someone that has the know-how.

The paint is one of those Maaco specials. Its not perfect by any means, but its not bad either. A lot of parts were painted over, parts that I wouldnt have done like the window trim etc. Still looks nice enough.

It has perfect turbine wheels on it, with which appear to be new tires on it as well. From what I can tell its still all stock suspension/brake parts from 79, and it appears to still be a 7.5 rear end.

Its a PERFECT start for a project car to build thats clean enough to make look nice, but could also make a great grudge car. Has a clean Wisconsin title.

Selling because it was an impulse buy. I have too many cars that I'm trying to sink money into. Also the guy I bought it from was going to take it to the scrap yard, and thats a crime, so I felt like I had to save it.

I dont HAVE to sell this thing. I just feel like its sitting around collecting dust, and I feel that someone else could put better use to it. I have plenty of space, so lets try not to lowball me too bad.

It has NO hood.

Car is located in Antioch, IL.

Price is $1250 OBO. PRICE DROP $950. MAY consider trades for S197 parts. LMK what you have.

Ill get pics of the floor pan for you guys too.

Last edited by redmustang83596; 10-30-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-01-2012, 04:29 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Can you also post pics of the engine bay, radiator support, the specific area of rust you are talking about?

what color is the interior you have for it? Do you know what options it had from the factory?? AC, Rear Defrost, pl/pw ?? You mentioned no hood, but do you have the grille, exteriror trim and other misc pieces one would need to put it back on the road safely?

Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number. It's number is Six hundred and sixty six
post #3 of 6 Old 09-01-2012, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver83GT View Post
Can you also post pics of the engine bay, radiator support, the specific area of rust you are talking about?

what color is the interior you have for it? Do you know what options it had from the factory?? AC, Rear Defrost, pl/pw ?? You mentioned no hood, but do you have the grille, exteriror trim and other misc pieces one would need to put it back on the road safely?
Ill get some pics of the engine bay after I get home from vacation this weekend. The rust is on the "frame rail" on the passenger side only under the hood. Its not that bad, ill get some pics.

The interior is black vinyl. Seats seem to be in pretty good shape. Im not sure about factory options, most of the tags are still there, so im sure someone more knowledgeable than me could decipher it better than me. There is no grill and no headlights either. No wiring harnesses either.

To get it on the road, engine and trans obviously. Put the interior in, get a body and engine wiring harness, headlights, hood and ready to rock.

Its a rolling chassis, so if you've built a roller before, you know what you'll need. If not do some research and learn a lot in the process of building this car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-05-2012, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Under hood pics. As you can see, the rust is not bad at all. Easily cleaned up.

This car has rare aluminum bumpers as well!!
post #5 of 6 Old 09-07-2012, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Entertaining offers

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
post #6 of 6 Old 09-08-2012, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Price drop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement