Ford Mustang Forums banner

FS: 1985 GT 5 speed sunroof/moonroof

For Sale 
11K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  Hamutoff 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE ITS FOR SALE FOR SURE NOW 5-26-2013

<--5-22-2013 UPDATDE! The car is for sale for SURE now! I have to sell to pay back what I borrowed to get my diesel truck! Thanks! Matt

MAKE ME A DEAL - NO TRADES -

$3800 for Car, with
-unused 'new in box' correct replacement Holley Carburetor(with gaskets, etc)
-original 10 hole wheels (I swapped the pony wheels back out)
-OEM user manual and
-OEM moon roof bag
-moon roof seal kit and stainless steel latch parts
-Alternative Ford 1985 premium radio
-Fox catback with hooker exhaust and summit stainless tips
-OEM exhaust parts such as headers, air valve, original trans mount, etc.

recently:
-new hd cooling fan clutch
-poly trans mount
-cooling system service: coolant flushed, new pump, thermostat (original style replacement)
-air filter, oil filter, synthetic oil
-new battery
-NEW FUEL PUMP
-NEW IGNITION SWITCH
-HAS BEEN TOTALLY RELIABLE!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
75k miles perfect interior including amazing seats no rips tears no cracks in dash, cruise control, premium sound ...

UPDATE: added lots more pictures including undercarriage, interior, etc. Scroll down and you can see the links numbered 1,2,3

-edit-
Hi, Ive thought about my mustang and modified my offer -

$3800 for Car, with
-OEM user manual and
-OEM moon roof bag
-Fox catback (with tips) glasspack style (I swapped the hooker exhaust back out)

recently:
-poly trans mount
-cooling system service: coolant flushed, new pump, thermostat (original style replacement)
-new battery

-end edit-

#3 · (Edited)
1985 Ford Mustang GT

Hi, I am seriously thinking to sell my black fox 85 GT. Black and charcoal, Its got simply perfect interior, unmolested, all original except the exhaust is stainless with hooker max-flows and fresh 4 cat h pipe. I have the original headers, etc.

Ive done a rebuild on the carb and also have a new carburetor in box from competition carburetors 631-846-8899. The new carb is correct and complete with all new gaskets, etc.

No problems with this car its my secondary daily driver (truck is primary)

Not sure all the years available but this car has the factory fast ratio steering rack. I love how this car handles. To me its markedly better than the aero cars. The steering response also feels much tighter than aero in my experience.

I was going to change the spindles and swap in the turbocoupe front arms and rear axle and go 4 wheel disc brakes with the 1993 cobra wheels I got, but now I am thinking I already have a few project cars and don't need this one. It has great paint no scratches the front nose area is extremely nice. It has 2 little dents from other peoples doors in parking lot that I am told can be pulled. The passenger door window does not work, its got manual locks and windows, its got the deluxe radio and cruise control - which works. The AC needs recharging and replace heater core. The hood sticker is acceptable but it would be great to get a new one (you can). The fog-lights work. Around $4-5k Ask me if you want the turbocoupe/cobra parts... I also have a turbocoupe steering wheel that works with the cruise control. Anaheim, CA

**HERE ARE A BUNCH OF MORE PICTURES**

1.1985 Ford Mustang GT

2. Exhaust mod and more pictures

3. Interior Pictures

#4 ·
85 GT

hi would you be interested in a 96 SVT Cobra with less than 46k miles on it? I want another 4 eyed stang and you have a beautiful one! If not and you still have it I would buy it I do have a number of people interested in my snake and would have the cash for it if you still have it. thanks ADAM

#5 · (Edited)
Hey Bud, thanks. I am not interested in a trade unless its a short bed truck either ford or chevy or gmc. smog exempt years (example 1973-1975 chevy gmc) or diesel (prefered)
hi would you be interested in a 96 SVT Cobra with less than 46k miles on it? I want another 4 eyed stang and you have a beautiful one! If not and you still have it I would buy it I do have a number of people interested in my snake and would have the cash for it if you still have it. thanks ADAM

#9 · (Edited)
all pm responded to and I am going to try to upload the pics I took of the seats, thanks. The real reason I am selling this car is that my leg is just too ruined to shift every day and I need a daily driver. Ive been driving my beat up 84 truck which was pretty good until somebody slammed into me and crushed the drivers door hit the cab and bed... of course they were uninsured so I get nothing. Suddenly my truck I could have sold for $4k easy (short bed 4x4 no body damage at ALL) is worth $1k... but i still have to daily drive it because its an automatic...

#10 · (Edited)
ok Ive got a lot more pictures up. For some reason could not upload to corral, hmm!

NEW LINK TO PICTURES::: undercarriage, Exhaust mod and more pictures

also you can see the new carb I bought but never installed because I just rebuilt the original one, I just wanted a backup, and I didn't know how much longer they would be available... Ive also got a sunroof seals kit also new Stainless Steel latch parts, hardware etc. Also is a 1985 premium radio, an alternative to the other premium in this car.

NEW LINK TO PICTURES::: Interior Pictures

Here are some examples:

#11 · (Edited)
I also have
- The original users manual
- Ford Shop Books (2 for this car)
- The original sunroof/moonroof cover - bag from ford
- 2 sets of FORD keys, one of them with the big ol oval

- 14 fog light replacement bulbs
- alternative OEM 85 premium radio
- 2 Set 1985 Ford Shop Manuals
- NOS Motorsport Duraspark ignition (this is the only thing I really want to keep)
- Turbocoupe Steering with cruise control that will R&R for this car
- Its factory 10 hole wheels and tires or set of 1992 pony's (also have set of 10 hole wheels only)
- Fresh Replacement correct Holley carburetor (stored)
- (Take off) Factory Headers and air valve (butterfly valve)
Make me an offer for this sweet little pony. Worst thing I can say is NO

thanks

#15 ·
Hi, Ive thought about my mustang and modified my offer -

$3800 for Car, with
-OEM user manual and
-OEM moon roof bag
-Fox catback (with tips) glasspack style (I swapped the hooker exhaust back out)

recently:
-poly trans mount
-new battery

#18 ·
UNCANCLED I have a daily driver diesel truck that I always wanted! I will be checking these posts

the only thing different on the car is that I replaced the fuel pump and ignition switch! It didnt need the fuel pump the switch went out but I was slow on the diagnosis!!

#19 ·
I finally found a very nice diesel pickup truck, I had to borrow money to buy it and need to pay back my pal ASAP... this great fun sharp car has to go. It has been a GREAT daily driver and I swear the brakes are better in an 85 than on the 87-92!!!

#24 ·
ok now its stored in the back on concrete under a couple of covers & tarps

bump

ok now its stored in the back on concrete under a couple of covers & tarps

its non op, make an offer... OBO

dont forget I have the parts to make this car into a 1993 cobra mustan stance with oem cobra wheels, the longer rear axle assembly from a 1987 tbird trubocoupe, manual trans car: (trac-lok 3.55:1) and its wider front a arms (also its steering wheel, its cruize control and horn buttons work on my 85 as well)

or you could go for the pony wheels or the oem 10 holes... or do you want both pairs?

#25 ·
Now that I finished an intensive programming project at work I will create a new ad for this car, it will be for less money and less parts included. I will link the new ad which I will make on my own web site like I should have done in the first place! :p

Its just been sitting stored under a cloth cover and a thick tarp - sitting on a nice cement slab...

#28 ·
Sorry!!, I have been completely immersed in a programming project at work... been going at it since october last year and am at 3/4 the way through right now ...THEREFORE my daily driver aero is filthy!! ...and the 85 is still sitting unused.

I want to hand this off to a mustang-person. middle $3k's, i tell you its an amazing survivor and I don't deserve to keep it sitting back there.

Make a real offer and I will take it

Matt

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.