For Sale 86GT Convertible, 3 owner car, Adult Owned - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-07-2012, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
do you have a price in mind?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-07-2012, 09:54 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Sorry...yes price is $6500.

post #3 of 5 Old 01-07-2012, 02:18 PM

My car sold on Ebay...but after winning the bid, the guy had a call from the IRS, which unfortunately took precedence.
So..Again...here's my 86 GT convertible…The car has had lots of performance upgrades. For starters it's been converted to mass air. Along with that conversion the car received an 89 block .030 over with GT40 aluminum heads, roller rockers, GT40 intake, E303 cam, 65MM throttle body, and 75MM mass air sensor. It's got all the normal bolt ons such as underdrive pulleys, aluminum radiator, shorty headers, off road H pipe, and a Flowmaster catback.
It also has 87-up front brakes, welded in subframe connectors, and a 4 point chassis brace. The T-5 shifts smoothly with no grinding and has a Pro 5.0 shifter base with a custom Hurst shifter. The rear is the 8.8 traction lock with 3:55 gears.
The body and interior are in excellent condition. The car has definitely been re-painted and the job was done well. It shines beautifully and looks show quality. In my opinion the interior is original but has been preserved nicely. The top is a power top and has a tiny hole on the passenger side but it's smaller than a dime.
Last summer the car received a brand new tune up using Autolite plugs, MSD cap and rotor, Motorsport wires, and an MSD coil. Also this spring a brand new Walbro 155lph fuel pump along with a brand new tank was installed.
There is no rust at all on this garage kept car, and it has manual windows/locks…no actuators to constantly replace...everything works..all lights, even the cruise control and cigarette lighter!
Originally an AC car, components removed by previous owner, not hard to find...never bothered me..top down driving!!
I have all receipts from work that was performed, and the original warranty card. I bought it from Super-G who is a member here. I would not hesitate driving this car anywhere...it is remarkably reliable. Just look at both of our posts for this car, no major problems discussed, this car is turn key!!
This car has been owned by enthusiasts and garage kept its entire life...no kids beating on it. it has only had 3 owners in 25 years. Original owner had it until 2009.
Thank you. $6500
Here are two videos...a walkaround, and a driving video.
002 - YouTube
1986 mustang gt convertible idle and walk around.AVI - YouTube

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-08-2012, 06:06 PM

sale pending...
post #5 of 5 Old 01-09-2012, 04:24 PM

sold....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement