For Sale dont make me part her! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-12-2010, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (10)
dont make me part her!

i REALLY dont want to part this car out, I would love to let someone else have it to build. here's the story.

its an 86 GT convertible. I have had the car since 1999. title is clear. very nice shape. the only rust is in the lower door seams, but only on the inside edge, not the outside. the car is very straight and solid. i stripped the car to the metal and refinshed it around 2003 and its almost always been in a garage since then. the interior has been reupholsetered in a maroon and black tweed, new carpet and a nice dash that has starteed to get a few splits between the speaker holed in the center but not obvious.

i have lost interest in the car and decided to build a hatchback instead. so I took the GT40 motor and the TKO out of the 86. sold the GT40 motor and am keeping the TKO for the hatchback. I still have the original motor and automatic trans to go with the car and neither had any issues when pulled in 2004, i just wanted a GT40 and a 5 speed. I have also pulled the entire suspension, as I had just rebuilt it with MOOG and energy suspension bushings. that suspension is in my hatchback and the suspension out of the 91 4cy hatchback is in the convertible, meaning there is a 7.5 rear currently in the convertible. I can get you a 3.27 8.8 mark 7 rear end if you have to have an 8.8.

So.....its a very nice interior and body to build. the original motor and trans (AOD) are available as well (about 120,000 on them). the body doesnt need anything, it is straight and clean. the underside was painted in POR-15 when i rebuilt the suspension. it has a 91 4cyl suspension in it now, which is the same as the stock 86 GT stuff except for the 7.5 rear end. an 8.8 can be had from a mark 7. the top was just replaced when i bought it in 1999. it will have 10 hole factory rims on it, but the pictured summit 5 stars can be had as well....they were put on in july 2007 when the suspension was done and havent been driven on since early 2009 when I parked the car and sold the motor. they are practically new still with 255-50-15 dunlops on them, about 60% tread left.

im not giving the car away!!!!! figure what a nice paint job would cost you. figure what new seats would cost you. figure what a solid mostly rust free convertible original GT shell would cost you. figure what a perfect and undamage 86 GT clip would cost you. I dont expect anything near what that would total, but dont offer me $500 and expect a reply.

title is clear and in my name.

flowmaster exhaust can go with it or not.

original motor, trans (AOD), and wiring harness already converted to mass air are included.

please dont PM me, i rarely check it. if you want to talk please email me directly at [email protected] and ask anything you want, and I will get back to you shortly

BE the change you wish to see in the world

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Last edited by 393foureyedfox; 07-12-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-27-2010, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (10)
sold. thanks!

BE the change you wish to see in the world

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement