For Sale FSale/Trade Unmolested all original 82GT Ttop 5.0 4spd w AC runs great, NO RUST - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-04-2010, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (14)
FSale/Trade Unmolested all original 82GT Ttop 5.0 4spd w AC runs great, NO RUST

I have decided to sell some of my cars. I have WAY too many projects and never any time to work on them anymore. Life happens, so instead of letting them all set around and go to crap, I am going to try to sell most of them.

This is my 82 GT T-top car with 90,000 original miles. I am going to try to describe it as accurately as I can and try to remember everything I possibly can about it. It is a 5.0 4speed and runs and drives perfectly fine. It is COMPLETELY 100% stock original down to every single vacuum line and all of the emissions. I was driving the car last week and noticed a small miss, I checked that last night and it was just work spark plugs. I replaced them and it runs as smooth as a baby's butt! lol Its all still there and all still works properly. The car has Ice Cold working AC, rear wiper, premium sound with amp, and its all original and works fine. The car still has the stock single exhaust (muffler was replaced at one point). The radio stopped playing on the RH speakers the other day when I was driving, I don't know if its a bad connection or a bad radio, I don't have time to mess with it to check it.

This car is 100% RUST FREE. If you look at pics I have of it you will see the paint is faded bad on the front end and there is very light surface rust where the paint is faded off of the top of the one fender, that's IT. The body has a couple small "pecker" dents, but would be a super easy re-paint. The worst part about it is the lower nose has a small crack but they can be fixed and its not bad at all.

The interior is absolutely perfect other than the headliner is sagging a little and there is a very slight crack in the dash frame (not the top pad, the plastic frame) and I know I can easily fix it, I just honestly don't think about it till I'm driving down the road and happen to remember it sometimes. Other than that, it is AMAZINGLY nice inside.

Mechanically, I don't know of anything the car needs other than the shifter is a little sloppy (I was going to put a T5 in it if I kept it). The trans works fine, just the shifter is sloppy.

I would drive the car anywhere, I have the stock TRX wheels but the tires on them are junk.

As far as an asking price (I HATE using Ebay) I am asking $4,800. I see these cars all the time needing work in the $2,000 to $4,000 range so I don't think I'm out of line at all... I mean this is a fine running and driving car, I have a buddy who will throw a decent paint job on it for $1,000 so before I sell it cheap, I'll throw a paint job on it and use it as my daily driver/beater car. I just figured someone on here would really appreciate it and enjoy it. If it were originally black I wouldn't even consider selling it, I just dont like maroon, and I'm not tearing this car down to the bare shell to switch it to black... I already bought a perfect 83GT Ttop with nice paint, power everything and a 8.8 and 5spd that's black so I am just going to throw an 82 Nose on it and have my Black 82 with a 5spd lol...

My first mustang was a black 82GT t-top car and I have missed it since I sold it.

I will probably put it on Ebay after Ford Carlisle (June 4th through 6th) as I will more than likely have it there (Ford Carlisle) for sale. I have a couple pics of the car now, here are a few, I can take as many as anyone would like, I know what its like trying to buy a car from pictures and I'm willing to work with someone. I certainly think its definitely drivable home for anyone, it runs great for me. I can also deliver within a reasonable distance for a nominal fee. Like I said, I do plan to have it at Carlisle also if anyone wants to look it over there. I would be willing to trade it on other Ford Power'd cars but I'm not real interested in major project cars as I have too many of them now.

Email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks, Scott

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-12-2010, 01:40 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Nice car. Free bump.

'85GT Bright Atlantic Blue (K7)
'92LX Bimini Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement