- with factory 10-hole wheels and old tires.
- with Enkei/Saleen wheels and brand new tires (shown).
1986 Mustang LX 5.0L Hatchback
- Collector and Show Quality Car
- 65,000 original miles.
- Mint condition, numbers match and correct.
- 5 speed manual transmission.
- A/C blows cold.
- Black exterior paint, grey interior.
- Saleen/Enkei period correct wheels (factory “10 hole” wheels available as well).
Rare, production numbers: 6,674 LX 5.0L’s in 1986 (split between coupe and hatchback). Estimated, 1 of approximately 300 86’ LX 5.0L Hatchback in this configuration. For production comparison there were approximately 60,000 GT’s produced this year.
The car was purchased brand new in 1986 by a friend of mine. He drove the car until the early 1990’s when he decided to show the car and take it on cruises, driving it a few hundred miles a year. It has been garage kept and driven rarely. I purchased the car from him 2 years ago when he moved. I have driven it a total of 150 miles since purchasing.
Since purchasing the car, here is a list of the servicing I have done to the car:
- New performance tires.
- New premium battery.
- New clutch and flywheel.
- New fuel pump.
- New belt, plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, and all fluids (have original 1986 spark plug wires).
- New engine seals/gaskets (rear main, head, intake, exhaust, water pump, oil pan, valve stem seals, etc, etc…complete full set).
- Picture and receipt documentation available.
- Car is 100% reliable to drive any distance.
CARFAX Report Below
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida