For Sale WTT/WTS 1985 coupe 5.0 3000 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-08-2010, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
WTT/WTS 1985 coupe 5.0 3000

i have a 86 coupe that is flat black currently. Good: Just took out and rebuilt engine. Its a 88 302 roller block, an 86 crank, 68 hardened truck rods, and stock 86 forged true flat top pistons notched for valves. Installed new m66 high volume oil pump, new comp cams 3way adjustable timing chain, new water pump. Also i installed a Lunati # 51012 cam with specs 542i/ 560e lift and 232i/240e duration. To match the cam i installed brand new lunati hydraulic roller lifters and brand new matching lunati 73100 valve springs. The heads are canfield 195cc heads with 58cc combustion chamber. The valves are 2.02 intake and 1.6 exhaust and were cleaned during rebuild, look brand new!! Has aftermarket teflon type valve stem seals stepped retainers and corresponding locks.The heads are ported and have 1.6 stud mounted adjustable proform roller rockers. Heads are installed using ARP head studs. Head gasket is felpro #9333pt i believe. The intake is a edelbrock victor jr high rise single plane manifold and sitting on top of that is a Holley 750 vacuum secondary carb. All of this is bolted in with aftermarket sold motor mounts. It is kept cool by an electric fan and factory radiator.The ignition setup consists of an MSD 6AL ignition box which i relocated to under the passenger seat in the engine compartment to keep away from heat and water. It has an accel coil, a brand new distributor, new plugs, new plug wires,oil, filter, all new gaskets throughout. The flywheel was resurfaced and an aftermarket Gripforce stage 3 clutch package with six puck clutch disc with brass buttons, pressure plate and new throw out and pilot bearings. All of this has less than 100 miles on it since rebuild. The compression ratio is about 10.3:1 with these heads and pistons. Also, the transmission was recently replaced with a factory t-5 with a b&m short throw shifter and was bolted in with a aftermarket solid trans mount about 500 miles ago because the other one let go. The exhaust consists of 1 5/8 primary 2 1/2 collector bbk shorty unequal length headers and an unknown h pipe which needs replacing. i will also include a pair of flowmaster 40 series mufflers which arent bolted up b/c i was gonna get another h pipe first.It has a upr clutch quadrant under the dash and an adjustable clutch cable. While the engine was out all of the wires were ran behind the fenders and the entire engine bay was cleaned and painted black. The car sits on a set of centerline convo pros with 15x4 in the front with skinnys and 15x10s in the rear with 295/50/15s to give t that wide aggressive stance, and may include a set of hoosier racing slicks with decent tread left.. Also has an autometer 5" monster tach on the dash. Now for the bad- The car still has the 7.5 open ended rear end, but it was upgraded with 4.11 gears so could just be welded to have a lighter weight rear end than the 8.8 Also to help remove some weight, i removed the front and rear metal bumpers, the heater and fan assemblies, all unneccesary wiring, the back seat, the padding under the carpet, and radio. The holley carb leaks a little gas from the powervalve gasket, but that an easy fix. Also the dip stick wont stay in the hole and allow oil to come out at high rpms, but you could get a factory one from the junkyard and that would fix that.The body itself isnt horrible, but does have some large dents, one being in the door on the passenger side and the other being under the drivers door on the drivers side. You can probably see these in the video im sending you., and the door is hard to shut due to someone bending the door out too far and bending the bottom hinge. The drivers seat bracket is also broke, so it has the notorious mustang drivers lean. The steering wheel is missing the horn button. The only gauges that work are the speedo which is off bc of the gears and the gas, and it does have an oil pressure gauge under the hood on the firewall. All in all its a decent car that with some suspension to get it to hook would honestly pull the wheels off the ground. im sure im missing some things but if your interested just send any questions you may have. Heres the link to the video with the other cam before i rebuilt the engine and cleaned the car up, its pretty dirty in that video. Also the tires have been changed since then and have plenty of tread. if interested please email me at [email protected] For trades im mainly interested in a lifted ford truck or bronco, oldies are nice, the bigger the better. Also may entertain other trades such as probes, mustangs, 240sx etc. Just send me whatever you have. thanks
here are video links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXmCD...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0lRi...eature=channel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-11-2010, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0lRizGS67c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXmCD7JA0ec

these should work...

post #3 of 3 Old 02-12-2010, 03:33 PM Thread Starter