1983 GT T-TOP FS/FT - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-25-2009, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (9)
1983 GT T-TOP FS/FT

Not even sure where to start. I have had this car for about two years and dumped ALOT of money into upgrading inferior 1983 things. The previous owner before me owned this car for over ten years. So it hasn't been bouncing all over the place from owner to owner. BUT, the car has a salvage title, the salvage designation occured even before the previous owner owned it(at least 12+ years ago). The car is straight and clean and drives well, but if you can't get past an almost 27 year old car with a salvage title please stop reading now. If you are still with me then I will continue. I will list the good and the bad.
The car has the stock 83 shortblock, the heads and performer intake have been port matched. The heads were milled to bump the compression up to a whopping 8.9-1. These car were pathetic compression-wise. Anyway, it has a 600 Holley on it, an SSI cam/springs(don't know specs, sounds little lumpy), Rhoads lifters, Performer intake. Longtube headers with straight pipes bumped into a pair of Flowmasters. Car is not loud while driving until you romp on it. Red interior is faded due to the T-tops. The dash has a crack in it and like I said, its 27 years old. It is all there and not all hacked up, just worn. It does have a nice aftermarket tach in it(OEM is also functional). speedo is broke, not sure if its the cable or what, just never taken the time to check it out. Has a UPR shifter. Stock t-5 trans as far as I know. Built 8.8 rear w/9" ends, no c-clip eliminators to leak, (has 33 spline mosers, 33 spline spool, everything new in rear, 3.73 Ford gear) UPR uppers/lowers, both adjustable, Lakewood 50/50 rear shocks, 90/10's up front. Has Aerospace brakes on all four corners and is converted to 5 bolt set up. Centerline Telstar wheels, MT dr's on rear, metric radials on front. 5" cowl hood, this hood uses all stock latches, no crappy lift off junk(also have stock hood). The car has one spot of bubbling paint behind the right rear tire and a small dent in the left front fender, both are difficult to see. The front nose wasn't prepped well and paint is flaking off. The rest of the paint is good, but please remember this is an old car so its not factory new but looks good for its age. Car drives straight and is a blast to drive. Take out the T-tops, set the cruise and drive!! All of the parts I have listed have 500 miles OR LESS on them. never drive the car and regret seeing it sit inthe garage all the time. Someone can enjoy it, I am just too busy to drive it, even in the summer. I took the car down the track 3 passes with the 2.73 gears in it and stock 7.5 rear and it trapped 97mph every pass so the motor is pretty strong. I will add other mods to the list as I remember them..lol.

Looking for a trade for a 99+ GT or cash. Also would be interested in a 4x4 truck in trade$6000 Trade vehicle must be clean and in good shape.

I also have a ton of parts that DON'T go with the car that I would throw in, in a trade for a vehicle worth more than this one. Have a complete alum-headed 351 roller motor,new Hooker super comp longtubes for a 351 in a Fox, tube K, subframes,manual rack ,manual brake set up,custom moly bumper supports etc etc. Try to post some pics. Lemme know if they show up. Merry Xmas!!

Modularmisfits.com
83 GT 410ci C4
Gade Race Engines/Team Z Motorsports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-25-2009, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Also forgot, comes with Autometer oil/water gauges along with the 5" Autometer tach with shift light. It also has a Mallory HyFire ignition and a Mallory coil. The rear end was professionally blasted and powdercoated black. Everything on this car was done properly. If the spool bothers anyone I can swap it out with a differential that YOU supply as long as its 33spline. The car drives completly normal with a spool, just don't plan on doing any 3 point turns. This is a fair weather car not a daily driver. Always garaged. Thanks for looking!!!

Modularmisfits.com
83 GT 410ci C4
post #3 of 6 Old 12-26-2009, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

Hmmm my pics are gone. I guess email me if you want pics

[email protected]

Modularmisfits.com
83 GT 410ci C4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-31-2009, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Tires/wheels are $1200, brakes were $1200, rearend parts/build was $1600, rear susp was $500. Keep this in mind and feel free to make a non-insulting offer..thanks. I will move on price, but its paid for, and has a nice spot in the garaege too. So I am not desperate to sell. Thanks again for looking. $6000 OBO

Modularmisfits.com
83 GT 410ci C4
post #5 of 6 Old 01-30-2010, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

New price, I need some space in the garage!!

$4000 FIRM

If you are waiting for it to go lower, its not gonna happen. I will keep it if i can't get $4000 for it.
Thanks for looking.

Modularmisfits.com
83 GT 410ci C4
post #6 of 6 Old 02-01-2011, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Car is no longer for sale. Someone inquired about it. The stock engine is gone and a 408 stroker is being built as we speak. Let the money pit grow!!! Thanks for the inquiries though.

Modularmisfits.com
83 GT 410ci C4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement