79 Capri lots of mods and pics - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-13-2009, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
79 Capri lots of mods and pics (VIDEO AND NEW PIC ADDED)

Well, I am going to try and sell my car. I am pretty close to a possible deal on another vehicle, and only a one car garage, or I would be keeping this as well.

Vehicle:
-79 capri with 140,xxx miles on body and frame only. It has an r-title from a long time ago, not even sure what happened. I have owned the car since 1996 and there is no issues as far as a rebuild goes. Previous owner told me it was an original 4 cyl. automatic car with a/c. I installed an a/c delete kit. I have rebuilt or replaced almost everything on this car and it only has a few thousand miles on motor. Rear is brand new. Trans is a t5. Thanks for looking and here is the parts breakdown.

Body:
-I provided pics, if you have any questions, just ask. There is very minimal rust. Almost none on body itself and a couple small spots on floor pan that I treated with rust inhibitor and paint (did this to the whole undercarriage). Car is very straight for year, doors, hood, hatch all shut very well. Will only need minor work to get ready for paint. It also has a set of subframe connectors welded and bolted in. And I will provide a 4 point bolt in roll bar the previous owner had in the car that I removed.

Motor:
-85 302 roller motor with stock forged pistons with valve reliefs, stock crank, and stock rods. All were in great shape when we took it apart. All new rings and bearings, arp main studs, arp oil pump shaft, melling pump, ford F-303 cam, trickflow aluminum heads shaved to 58cc to bump compression fitted with 550 lift springs, trickflow 1.6 roller rockers, and trickflow pushrods, weiand stealth dual plane high rise intake, and a speed demon 650 double pumper. Also has a/c delete and underdrive pulleys from March.

Exhaust:
-BBK ceramic coated shorty headers, Mac 2.5" o/r h pipe, 2.5" flow tubes, and 2.5" 2 chamber flowmasters with dumps. H pipe back is all coated with grey heat paint and in great shape, no rust at all.

Trans:
-T-5 with steel bearing retainer. It is out of a 91 mustang. I was told it was rebuilt recently. Shifts great, no issues that I know of.

Drivetrain:
-King cobra clutch, stock resurfaced flywheel, aluminum clutch quadrant with adjustable cable, pro 5.0 shifter, and ford racing aluminum driveshaft.

Rear:
-This rear came out of a 88 turbo coupe and has the rear disk brake set up. All the brake parts are new with only a couple thousand miles on them. Also installed the correct emergency brake cable from ford. I just rebuilt the internals with a 31 spline ford traction lok with the cobra carbon fiber clutches, superior 31 spline axles, ford 4:10's, and a trickflow support cover. All parts were bought brand new and all the bearings and races were replaced. Only has about 100 miles on new rear. And I just installed the North Racecar brackets so the axles are stock foxbody length now. Tires sit under the fender better now.

Suspension:
Rear-South Side bars, stock uppers, Lakewood 50/50's, with ford racing springs with poly isolators.

Front-This is the only area that I have not had apart. It has replacement type struts, newer style gt a arms, and ford springs.

Front brakes:
-I just recently replaced all the brake components in the front. All brand new parts. Rotors, calipers, pads, and new wheel bearings also. Very low mileage on everything.

Fuel system:
-Newer style fuel injected tank gutted and installed downs ford aluminum pickup with an fittings. 10 an line form tank to Paxton filter mounted to a Holley blue pump. 8 an line from pump up to engine bay and into a Holley regulator with fuel pressure gauge. One 6 an line goes to another liquid filled autometer fuel pressure gauge mounted on cowl area to be seen by driver. Other outlet has 8 an line feeding a Barry Grant dual feed setup to the carb.

Ignition:
-Stock replacement distributor, new powermaster 1 wire 140amp alternator, Crane HI-6 box with built in rev-limiter, Msd blaster 3 coil, Ford Racing wires, and NGK plugs. Also has a optima red top battery and a high torque mini starter.

Cooling:
-3 core radiator, stock replacement waterpump, 160 degree thermostat.

Rims:
It comes with the ponys you see in the pics. They are in decent shape with like new Mickey Thompson ET street radials on the back and decent tires on the front. I also recently put a set of Riken wheels on with the black webbing center and polished lips. They are also in decent shape with BFG drag radials in the back ( they are pretty worn) and good tires on the front. Car I think looks much better with the Riken rims.

Interior:
-The interior is gutted. It has the black dash (in good shape), two black aftermarket seats, and the black center console and that's about it. I believe I still have most of the interior that came with the car, but the condition isn't very good.
I have installed a 5" tach in the dash where the stock tack goes and the shift light were I believe the oil pressure gauge use to be. There is also a 2 gauge pod on the pillar with autometer liquid filled water temp and oil pressure gauges.

That's about it guys, any questions, just ask. This car I have always believed would be a awesome looking car when finished. You won't see another one around like it. And it's a blast to drive, even the way it sits. It only weighs 2680 lbs, so you can imagine that it is pretty quick for what it is. Should run high 11's on motor with traction.

I will be asking 5500.00 to see what kind of interest I get. I will also throw in a bunch of parts I have collected over the years. If I can't get close to my numbers I will possibly part the car out. But I will negotiate a little before I go through the headaches of parting it out. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by 79 capri; 12-30-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-20-2009, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

bump...

post #3 of 7 Old 12-30-2009, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Here is 2 videos of the car running with the riken rims on. And a pick from under the car.
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/k...andvids004.flv
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/k...andvids014.flv

Last edited by 79 capri; 12-30-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-09-2010, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

Pre spring sale! 5k! I bought another car, would like to unload this one to make room.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-13-2010, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

bump
post #6 of 7 Old 04-22-2010, 02:54 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
message sent
post #7 of 7 Old 06-12-2010, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

I just got your message. lol I sent you a pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement