1986GT in VA, craigslist ad. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-25-2009, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
1986GT in VA, craigslist ad.

This is not my car do not ask me questions about it.

http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org...446979119.html

Spoke with the seller, seems very nice, answered all my questions. I decided that this car won't work for me. Maybe it will for someone else here. If you read this post bump it. If you buy it say so.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-28-2009, 05:40 PM

Trader Feedback: (27)
Bump..Did he say what body work was needed

03 ZY Cobra 3.4 Whipple, Lentech Auto, built bad ass... AKA Yella Terror!!
99 Red SVT Lightning 2.3 Kenne Bell, Full bolt-on's... AKA Red Rocket
15 Mustang GT Full Stainless Works 3" exhaust, Steeda CAI, NGauge - LUND FLEX FUEL TUNE ... AKA Black Betty
post #3 of 4 Old 11-30-2009, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Here is the email I recieved from him in response to my inquiry. In the last email I exchanged he did say his price is negotiable.

Quote:
1. The car has 289,813 miles on it…and still going strong!

2. The interior is spotless…original everything.

3. The car is 23 years old, so there certainly is a “worklist” – see below:

- slight antifreeze leak – new waterpump should do the trick (will probably need to replace the gasket on the front cover too…pretty easy to do with the waterpump already off) – I can get a new one for free (I have a lifetime warranty on most of the parts – will provide all the receipts – most from Advance Auto)

- slight oil leak from pan

- front speakers need to be replaced (that’s an easy one) – amp and wires are ready to go

- I have done quite a bit of body work (re-did entire front windshield opening when I replaced the glass, welded in new sheet metal behind all moldings, replaced floor pan areas with galvanized sheet metal, etc.). Main areas that need work are under the doors and the back hatchback door jamb (along the roofline). The entire hatchback door was replaced (because of rust) with one from a 1991 mustang not long ago, so that is in perfect shape (and I even was able to add a power release button). No rust on frame.

- After finishing the body work, I was planning on getting a $300 Maaco paint job (I had two done before at Maaco – certainly the way to go for the money!) I can provide some details on how to fix the rusty door areas (very common on these).

I hate to let it go, but can’t find the time to work on it anymore. Drove it every day until recently (finally bought a new car because I go out of town a lot).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-30-2009, 08:28 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullhead View Post
Here is the email I recieved from him in response to my inquiry. In the last email I exchanged he did say his price is negotiable.

Holly crap! looking at the pictures it looks like a clean car but going buy his discription it sounds like a ####box.

2001 ws6
2003 redfire cobra. [email protected] bone stock
93 teal cobra with 72hundred miles
85 gt vert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement