i want to trade my BBC Z/28 for a 1986 GT - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-04-2009, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
i want to trade my BBC Z/28 for a 1986 GT

ok, i'm sure this will get deleted, but i could not find a section for it. so mods, please just look at this as a WTB thread, with my camaro as currency..

i want a 1986 GT, or 1987-1993 5.0 or... 5 speed prefered. i don't mind mods, but i would like the exterior to be near stock. if not completly stock. i'm valuing the camaro around 5.5-6k so i'm looking for a mustang in that range.

MY CAR..

1980 Z/28, the paint is orignal, it could use a re paint, but is not bad at all, has a small dent in passenger door, just above the decals. car is 100% rust free, there is no rust anywhere on the car. pretty much every thing is factory, with the exception being the engine

interior needs some tlc, (as pictured) but is still presentable, especially for it's age.

all the electronics/lights/gauges/power windows work

the engine is a 40 over 396 (405 cu in) 9.5:1 dome pistons, oval port 049 casting heads, with screw in studs, and posi locks. cam is a comp "mutha thumpr" specs are /Dur: 287/305 lift:.510/.495, with matched lifters, crane hardened pushrods, crane valvesprings, edelbrock performer 2.0 intake, edelbrock 1408 750 cfm carb, mallory distributor. long tube headers.

trans is stock th350, with b&m shift kit. stock tq converter.

rear end is the factory "big" 10 bolt, 4:11 gears

it will need a new powersteering pump.

i have ALL of the A/C components, but will need the bracket to hold the compressor to the engine, (the small block bracket is different) and the a/c did function before motor swap

over all the car is very nice to be 30 years old, and it won't be easy to find another one as solid. most of the cars are rotted to the ground with rust, or on blocks with grass growing around it.

the car is located in jackson, ms.. i can meet someone to trade, but no more than 3hrs away from jackson. any questions? call me (601) 951-4493

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-04-2009, 08:01 PM

Like your car. u got my attention. check out my thread on this page and let me know what u think. it's under 86 street/strip. merritt racing

post #3 of 3 Old 03-04-2009, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

check your pm's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement