FS: 1984 1/2 Mustang GT 350 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-03-2009, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
FS: 1984 1/2 Mustang GT 350

I have a 1984 1/2 GT 350 I am going to sell. I picked it up a week ago to turn it into a race (street) car. I have now found a car, that has alot of stuff I want done already, and financially it is smarter to go with the other one. So before I started ripping this one apart, I am deciding to sell it. It has 56k on the clock. It may be 156K, but by the interior and the body condition, I would believe it only had 56k on it. I ran a car fax, and there is no evidence of any problems, and there is no record of any higher mileage being documented. This car was bought in an estate sell, and had been sitting for about 8 years in storage. It is really nice and clean. The only problems are, the a/c does not blow, it has a leak on the o-rings going to the condensor, easily fixed for under $100 if you pay someone to fix it including freon, you can do it yourself cheaper. The right rear molding piece is warped and peeling up on the edges, you can see it in the picture. There is a bit of surface rust where the hatch meets the rear quarter from the rubber stop wearing out. There is a small rust spot above the drivers door, about a fingernail size. I drove the car home, it runs great, and I am sure it would get you anywhere in America, if you decided to come and pick it up. The motor is smooth, and the tranny shifts great. It has brand new tires on the TRX wheels, these are made by Michelin, 1 day a year, and go for over $300 each. I have gotten a bunch of guys give me crap, because i was going to tear the car apart, when it is kind of a special car.

This car would be a perfect first hot rod for someone, or a great daily driver. The paint is far from perfect, it is a good 10 footer, but would definitely need a paint job to be a show car. You can live with the paint and drive it for years the way it is now though. The interior, is in almost perfect condition. Not one tear or flaw, other than a little fading on the side of the dash where the door meets. The dash pad is perfect, which if you know mustangs of these years, they are the first to go, which is another sign, of how well it has been taken care of.

I have a clear title in hand.

The G.T. 350, a name made famous in the 60's by Ford and Carroll Shelby, was given new life in March of 1984 with a production run of 5,261 cars. As a result, Mr. Shelby sued Ford Motor Company in April of 1988 for using the stripe and name. This lawsuit was settled in March of 1990 for an un-disclosed amount. The 20th Anniversary option package cost an additional $456 dollars and made the cars perform no better than a normal GT .These cars started out as either a normal 5.0 Liter powered GT or a Turbo GT and then they received a few visual enhancements.

These included :
- G.T. 350 lower body stripes.
- Mustang Tri-Bar badges on front fenders.
- Narrow SVO style door molding.
- Monochrome grille and bumpers.
- A 20th anniversary dash board medallion.
- An owner ordered serial numbered dash plaque.
- Performance Seats
- TRX 390mm wheels.

All the '84 G.T. 350's were Oxford White with Canyon Red interiors, and could be had as a hatchback or convertible. Three drive train options were available for the 1984 G.T. 350. These choices were a turbocharged 2.3 liter four cylinder engine with a five speed manual transmission, a 165 horsepower fuel injected 5.0 liter with an automatic transmission or a 175 horsepower 5.0 liter 4 barrel H.O. with a five speed manual transmission, and 3.08:1 limited slip rearend.

Of the three, the Turbo was reputed to be the quickest of the combinations due to a weight advantage of roughly 500 pounds and a 3.45:1 rearend gear ratio.

Asking $5000 obo...

Need a realtor in South Texas??
Call me, I'll help you find the house you want!!
361-726-2969
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-11-2009, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
car still for sale, it is getting harder to find 4 eyes this clean guys!!!

Need a realtor in South Texas??
Call me, I'll help you find the house you want!!
361-726-2969
Sponsored Links
Advertisement