WANTED: What can I get for $3,000?! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-08-2009, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
WANTED: What can I get for $3,000?!

I know $3k isnt much of a budget, but I want to find the best car that I can for the money.

The Criteria:
MUST BE A RELIABLE DAILY DRIVER with a decent interior - NO Junk.

Yeah, that's about it. I know a car for $3k or less is going to need some TLC, but basically it needs to run and drive well. Smooth on the highway, no really major rattles, things of that nature.

Also busted and nasty interiors are no good. Something that might need some cleaning is fine, but it has to all be there and not hacked up.

Cosmetically I am open to whatever is out there...I will look at everything and try to decide what is best for me. Serious rust and damage is never good, though.

I really shy away from convertibles, but hatchbacks and notchbacks are very acceptable.

Like most people, I REALLY prefer a 5-speed car, but I would be open to the right AOD.

Please have working heat and all A/C equipment in place. I love my A/C.

Not looking for ragged out beaters, just a stock 5.0 Mustang that I can drive daily without issue or major annoyance and tinker with as I go.

CAR MUST HAVE A VALID NJ INSPECTION STICKER OR BE ABLE TO PASS NJ INSPECTION WITH LITTLE TO NO WORK!

I know my way around a car and tool box, but I am not in a position to be spending money and doing all kinds of work just to get the thing through inspection.

Let me know what you have! Anyone who has a PayPal account is also a bonus, it will help me out.

I am in northern NJ, but will travel 100-150 miles for the right car. Supply plenty of pics and details, though!!

[email protected]

1989 GT

Tri-State Mustangs & Fords
A New Mustang and Ford Club for the NY, NJ and PA areas!

Last edited by snakebitten97; 02-08-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-08-2009, 10:56 AM

Trader Feedback: (24)
you will be surprised what you can find for 3k. i found some nice foxes. just keep your eye out...

1985 Mustang GT T-top Black
Freshened/Blueprinted 302-Heavily Worked GT40 Heads SS valves and Heavy Duty springs-1.6r Crane Cams RR-B-Cam-Wieand Intake-Edelbrock Carb-MSD-King Cobra Clutch-World Class T5-Sn95 4whl Disc-410s-Strange 10Ways-Mac Exhaust with 3" Rolled tips-
post #3 of 8 Old 02-09-2009, 07:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (12)
lol. you got some lofty goals for $3k. I'd say just just on craigshelper.com and keep an eye out in different cities by you and set your price limit. you'll eventually find your diamond.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-09-2009, 09:44 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
ck out foureyedpride.com if you are looking for a 79-86 four eyed stang..They are out there.... You will probably spend a little money though...
post #5 of 8 Old 02-10-2009, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackz88 View Post
lol. you got some lofty goals for $3k. I'd say just just on craigshelper.com and keep an eye out in different cities by you and set your price limit. you'll eventually find your diamond.

What is so lofty? I am looking for a solid driver that needs TLC. Something that is not totally ragged out or hacked up. Doesn't have to have great paint, interior can be so-so as long as its not busted or torn up.

1989 GT

post #6 of 8 Old 02-11-2009, 11:15 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I know somebody who has the perfect car for you for under $3000. It's in pretty nice shape overall, stock & maintained. I think you will be very pleased. It's in PA close to NJ.

I sent the details about the car, his contact info, and pictures to your email.

Your welcome!

Last edited by 84GT5; 02-11-2009 at 11:36 PM.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-12-2009, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Very attractive...the only thing now is that I just had to spend a nice chunk of change on my truck and I have less money to spend on a car unless someone accepts a credit card as partial payment through paypal lol.

Thanks very much for the info and reply!

1989 GT

post #8 of 8 Old 02-13-2009, 10:11 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
I saw this on craigslist the other day.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1032988843.html

He had it listed in the past and it didn't sell. Probably because he wanted too much money. It looks like a nice clean 5 speed car. Just remember (especially in this crappy economy) CASH TALKS!!!!!

Greg
86 GT T-top, 5.0, 5 speed, 3:27 gears
68 Firebird 400, 4 speed, 3:55 gears

"Having a 10 second Civic must be just like coming out of the closet; you'll surprise some people, but you're still gay"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement