1965 fastback project w/2003-4 Cobra drivetrain, IRS++++
Please spread this around to anyone you know that might be interested.
I was collecting parts for this Resto-Mod build while I was finishing my Cobra replica (also a 4.6 DOHC drive train). Long story short, I just don't know if I have another one of these builds in me and I'm knee deep in other 'stuff' that makes me think I'd be better off finding a good home for this project.
Here are a few details (contact me for pictures) on what I'd like to find a good home for:
1965 Mustang Fastback
- Straight six, drive train in good shape
- TX car so body / frame in excellent shape
- I drove it home when I bought it
- No work has been done on this, e.g. I haven't torn anything off for the build
- Title is clear, but indicates flood damage at some point in the car's life (although I couldn't find any evidence of it)
2003 Cobra Parts
- 4.6 DOHC Cobra motor (w/blower), 15K miles
- Full wiring harness
- T-6 Trans (15K miles)
- Drive shaft
- Gauge cluster
- Dual fuel pumps
- Ignition switch, Key & steering column controls
- Full set of parts (minus center section), for a 2003 IRS
- DVS modified IRS suspension 'cage' for '65 mustang
2004 Cobra Parts
- Complete IRS including center section
- Full IRS conversion kit (the Koni version) for 1965 Mustang
1998 Cobra Parts
- Full 4.6 short-block (bottom end and heads), I had planned to use this during mock-up - it is a good block & heads for rebuild
- Other misc parts from a 1998 cobra (K&N filter, gauge cluster, etc.)
I'd like $25K OBO for everything (I have close to $30K in all of it). If you happen to know someone looking for a very high-quality 1965 Mustang, a complete 2003 / 2004 4.6 DOHC drivetrain, and a whole load of parts to build a resto-mod, please reply here or PM me.
Last edited by Ed Hubbard; 10-20-2007 at 10:48 AM.