1967 Ford Mustang Coupe Columbus, Ohio - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-05-2007, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
1967 Ford Mustang Coupe Columbus, Ohio

Here is your opportunity to get a great driver for the summer. This car is ready to go! According to the VIN, 7F01C220653, this 67 was built in Dearborn as an original V8 car. The data plate is 65AX2A12U27OW on this car states it was originally vintage burgundy with black standard interior, a C4 and built on July 12, 1967. The car has 117,000 on the body but on the rebuild/refresh has 1,200 miles. PLease let me know if you have any questions. Let me walk you around the car.

Exterior

The outside is great. I would give it about an 8/10. It's not perfect but it is really nice. It is perfect for a driver with no rust. The paint is new and the color is 2001 Bullit Mustang green, also known as highland green. It is very close to the factory dark green of 67 but with a little more flake. All new chrome was purchased for this vehicle also. New bumpers and gaurds, trunk and hood moldings, emblems, rocker panel moldings and door handles were installed. The vinyl top is great also. I would give it a 9/10. There is a small spider crack in the front windshield that is not bad, very fixable. This car has new American Racing Torq-Thrust thrust 15X7's in the rear wrapped in 245/60D15 Hoosier Quick Time Pro's. The Hoosiers are almost brand new and hook up very nicely with the hot 289. The front still has steel Crager wheels. I just never was able to afford to get matching front wheels. The grill area is also nicely fitting. The moldings are new, grill repainted and the corral cleaned up. The rear taillight panel is also very nice. The chrome is in good shape. The turn signal hood is nice also and the indicators work properly. The gas cap is in excellent condition. The front parking lights are good also.

Interior

The interior is in good shape also. I would give it a 7/10. The black vinyl standard interior is complete with no rips or tears on both the front or rear seats. The dash pad is also very nice without cracks or discoloring. All the gauges work as intended and the steering wheel is in decent shape. The carpet is also good, free of staining and rips. The rear package tray is good also, just dusty LOL. The door panels and rear 1/4 coverings could use some paint. Also, the metal part of the dash is nice, except for the glove box could use a coat of paint. The shifter is in ok condition too. The headliner appears to be new and in great shape. The dome light is also still there. The trunk area is very good. It has been repainted and a new trunk mat installed.

Drivetrain

Let me tell you, this 289 is as fresh as you are going to find. The motor was rebuilt by Competition Porting Services in Cincinnati, OH now called Performance Engineering (http://www.perfeng.cc/aboutus.html). The motor features hyper TRW pistons that yield a 10:1 compression ratio. The stock cylinder heads have been professionally ported by Thumper of Orange Park (http://www.thumperoforangepark.com/). The cam is a nice street/strip grind that has .500 lift and 224 degrees of duration at .050. It has a Weiand Stealth intakes with a Holley 600 cfm carb. The motors also has Hooker ceramic coated long tube headers with an h-pipe and flowmaster mufflers. For ingnition the motor uses a Mallory Unilite distributor and MSD wires and coil. Also an Edelbrock air cleaner and Ford racing cast valve covers dress up the motors some. The car also has has power steering but manual brakes. The radiator is also good. A new flex fan was also purchased for the car. A rebuilt large input shaft C4 was rebuilt for use in this car. It was rebuilt using a TCI kit and a PA automatic stree/strip valve body. A custom 3000 rpm stall convertor was also purchased from Edge Racing Converters (http://www.edgeracingconverters.com/). A stock 8" rear end is still utilized and is without whines or grinds. The driveshaft is still in good condition. The brakes are still in good condition. The front suspension and steering seem in good condition while driving. It could use new rear leaf springs and shocks.

Chassis

The undercarriage is also in very clean and rust free condition. The only rust I had to fix on the undercarriage were the front four inches of the frame rails. I used patch panels and they look good now. The floors and trunk floors. The gas tank is also nice and does not leak. I also replaced all four inner fender aprons and radiator support. The inner fender flaps are good also and have been replaced. The car also has new monte carlo and export braces.

Overall

I would rate this car a solid 7.5-8/10. For a northern car it is super clean. Please let me know of any specific questions or concerns. My phone number is 614-406-4053 and please don't hesitate to call and ask questions. Just please realize I am in the eastern time zone, so please do not call after 10 pm. I would like to get $9,750.00 obo for the car. Thanks for your interest!

91 Mustang LX - T-5+gears+gas=tire smoke
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 Mustang coupe - big cam is good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-08-2007, 05:26 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Pics to [email protected]! Interested in any trades? Thanks Josh

Sponsored Links
Advertisement