1968 MUSTANG ELEANOR COUPE CLONE Picks - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-23-2006, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
1968 MUSTANG ELEANOR COUPE CLONE Picks

1968 MUSTANG ELEANOR COUPE CLONE

$18,000.00 obo
For all of the picks try copy / paste http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/philno.../ph//my_photos

This is a 1968 Mustang that was brought up to Mi from GA. In April of 05 for restoration. The car has spent its entire life down south, according to the previous owner who traced the cars history back to TX. originally. Unfortunately, even the southern cars of this age are prone to having some rust. I purchased the car as a project and in pieces. I was told that other than the door skins needing replaced there was no rot. To build this car to the level I was going to be happy with, I needed to replace the following sheet metal:

A) Complete passenger side full floor pan and seat riser, There was a soft spot, "about 5" in diameter" right in front of the seat riser. It was not rusted all the way through, just soft probably from a heater core going out.

B) Passenger side door skin, and the driver side received a complete full door. There where about five pounds of long pine needles in both doors which held in moisture. There was too much rot to be happy with just a door skin on the drivers side.

C) Driver side full fender. The door hinges that went bad allowed the door to damage the fender past the point of just requiring minor repair. It creased the fender, and they had applied 1" of bondo to fill it, so it got scraped.

D) Passenger side inner front fender and battery tray. very common for these. The frame was not affected.

The cars frame rails, front and rear are like new, as are the torque boxes and the floor extensions. The shock towers are solid and rust free, as are the trunk drop off and floors. I looked the entire cowl area over for normal bad spots and couldn't find any, it's solid from what I could see and feel. The rest of the car received just about every part as new or rebuilt.

Front suspension:
1 Two new lower control arms with ball joints
2 Two new upper control arms with ball joints
3 New coil springs and perches
4 Rebuilt gear box
5 New drag link, pitman-arm, tie-rods.
6 All new polly bushings in strut rods, and sway bar

Wheels
2005 17" mustang wheels with new 235/55/ZR17 Pirelli tires

Brakes
1 New N.P.D power brake conversion
2 All new hydraulic lines, front and rear
3 New rotors and calipers, pads
4 New rear wheel cylinders

Interior
1 N.P.D complete interior package, Dash, Door panels, Front and back seat covers with padding
carpet, seat backs

Engine
1 1974 302 block with a fresh .030 bore
2 1966 289 hypo heads, 16 new valves, springs, guides with seals and fresh valve job
3 Reconditioned rods with new A.R.P rod bolts, new bearings both cam and crank
4 New Speed Pro FLAT-TOP COATED HYPEREUTECTIC SPEED PRO PISTONS AND MOLY FEDERAL MOGUL RINGS
5 New Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold
6 New Holly 750 Vac-sec carburetor
7 Comp Cams 260h
8 New fuel pump
9 M.S.D. Electronic Ignition with rev limiter
10 New water pump
11 New Alternator, regulator and starter all new wires and cables.

Transmission
1 New 10" B&M Torque Master Converter
2 The C-4 received a complete overhaul kit, clutches, seals and bands
3 New B&M Mega shifter

Rear End
1 The rear pig was pulled and inspected, No problem was found

Body
1 The body received an Eleanor Kit which was fully glassed onto the 1968 body
2 PPG. Base Coat Clear Coat Paint was used for the gray and metallic black
3 Real Piaa Lights, some people are just using cheap lights that fit.
4 Exhaust is out the side through custom pipes and inserts. It sounds MEAN AS HELL

Please take NOTE: I would call this car an excellent driver. I would not consider this to be a Trailer Queen The body parts are NOT OEM therefore do not fit like a cars of today. I've been a Master Certified Automobile Technician both state of MI.and ASE LISC# (M146060) for over 20 years. The car was built to be a driver, and to have fun with. There are things that would have to be looked at to be considered a show car. Due to pitting, all of the chrome either replaced or re-chromed, glass would have to be replaced due to scratches and pits. Paint would need to be done to, "Show Quality" however, for a driver it's extremely nice. I did all of the work on the car myself, except for the machine work to the engine, I can assure you no costs where spared on what the car needed to be an eye catcher. IT DOES GET THE LOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-26-2006, 08:29 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
would you consider trading fo ra very nice modded 87 grand national?

post #3 of 3 Old 06-26-2006, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
Trades

Sorry, I don't have room for the cars I have now. One has to go. Thanks for looking.

Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement