1965 Mustang fastback GT - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 10-31-2005, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
1965 Mustang fastback GT

Let me know if anyone is interested before it goes on ebay.

heres some pictures its a slow server sorry!
http://brad65ford07480.tripod.com/1965_mustang_fastback

Frame- Complete Frame up restoration done, all new full Floors, torque boxes (2 extra were install up front same a a 68 mustang to strengthen un-a-body) rear frame rails. The frame and most of the body was professionally restored by a well known classic mustang restorer in New Jersey. Who has been restoring mustang for over 30 plus years. If you look at the underneath of the car you would think it’s as if it came off the factory. You will not find a better frame restoration anywhere! I know this because I paid out well for it.

Body- All new aftermarket fenders, quarter panels, inter fenders, doors, valances, bumpers you name it, and it has been replaced. The Quarter panels were done correctly which is very important to me or any true classic mustang owner. The paint was done by a family relative who paints cars so it looks really nice but not perfect. The doors and fender and Shelby style hood (which is fiber glass) could line up better, the panels are off a little which makes it not a perfect show car... There are two small scratches not much bigger than a inch on the front hood and one on the rear trunk can easily be touch u.

Motor- The motor I believe is the original 289 which runs good, has couple year old 4 600 cfm 4 barrel carb. The head are Windsor with bigger valve which were rebuilt a couple years ago. Aftermarket L/T headers that have some rust on them but are very solid, and newer Warlock mufflers. Motor compartment is very clean but could use some detailing and organization of miscellanies thinks to make it look neater.

Trans- the trans was changed from the 4 spd to a new Ford Motorsports T-5 and was converted the mounting plate to allow the trans to bolt up also shorten the drive shaft which is now balance. At this time I upgraded the stock clutch to a high performance Ford Clutch.

Rear- The is a Ford 9 inch with 4:10 gears and a locker. Having 5th gear is great with 4:10’s

Suspension- All new shocks, a-arms, bushings, and leaf-springs. Which is great for driving long distances?

Brakes- All new disc brakes and pads were done, and the rear has new drums and pads. Also all new brake lines and fuel lines were installed so there are no worries about blowing line.

Interior- GT code, which means 4 barrel w/ deluxe interior. Most of the interior has been left alone which is in nice shape. There are a couple of small tears on the passenger side seat. Aftermarket wood grain steering wheel was added and some small gauges for temp and oil pressure. The stereo is really nice I spent over 450 for the Pioneer head unit which has moving lcd display. Also have two small box speakers mounted in the rear and very small 2” high’s in the front.

Rims and Tires- Recently bought 16 inch Chrome Cragars with brand new performance tires. The car drives great with these and looks hot.

Runs great ready to drive home. over 30k invested Take home for 18,000 call me Brad 1-862-377-8518 or email me at [email protected]

Last edited by brad65; 10-31-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-31-2005, 10:44 AM
m65

City and State are required in your PROFILE to post on here. Please add this info.
Thanks

Nice loolking car.

If your WORD is no good YOU are no good!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-31-2005, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

It has been changed. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement