For Sale 1969 ford mustang fastback - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-24-2013, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (8)
1969 ford mustang fastback

IM LISTING THIS CAR FOR A FRIEND ON ONE OF MY OTHER FORUMS. PLEASE DIRECT ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS TO THE EMAIL LINK AT THE END OF THIS THREAD. Thanks

$23,000

After several years of modding this car, I've decided that it's time to move on. I'll do my best to list as much about the car as possible, and it's condition. I've got an absolute ridiculous amount of money in this car, and will lose a whole lot upon the sale. The car is located in Ada Oklahoma.

This car is not a show car. The paint job is not show quality, and the it's had some body work. The next time it's painted, it will need to be media blasted or dipped, and then painted. I would guess that the rear 1/4s will need to be re skinned at that point. Under the sheet metal appears to be very structurally solid. The dog houses are in excellent condition, the floors have been replaced and are solid. The quality of work isn't the best I've seen, but it's solid. The car still looks great as a driver car though.

The interior is pretty good. The seats are in good shape, the panels are all in good shape, and the dash is in good shape. The console is a little more rough than the rest of the interior, but still not terrible. The glass is in overall good shape as well. The car has had a custom built 8 point chromoly cage installed, with swingouts/removable door bars, and a removable crossbar as well. The drivers seat has been modified for a 5 point harness, but it also retains the stock seat belts.

This engine combo has never been on a dyno, but the car runs 10.90s @3400 lbs, on motor, so it makes good power. The goal for the car was a solid street/strip car, and IMO we hit the mark perfectly. I frequently take the car on road trips where I may put 200-300 miles on it, in one day. For the level of car it is, it's relatively low maintenance, but as with any built car, it does require some minimal upkeep. I have a few different nitrous tuneps for the car, that I will give to the buyer, and it's been 6.12 in the 1/8. I would call it a reliable, consistent high/mid 9 second car.

The car gets an unreal amount of attention, and is an absolute blast to drive around. I'm selling because there's another car I want to buy, and if that car sells before mine, I will take this car off the market.

The car has a lot of mods, and is built right from front to back. It's tried and true. The transmission just came back from Performance Automatic with a complete refresh. It has 5 motor passes, and 15 miles on it. No nitrous passes. I'll try and get everything listed, but please feel free to PM me for more details, and any questions.

Engine was refreshed about a year ago with new rings and bearings. It has great oil pressure, and no blow by.

I'll start with engine mods:

408W 10.2:1 (runs every day on 91 octane. I spray it on 110)

F4TE 351 Windsor Roller Block
Scat 9000 Cast Steel 4.00 cranckshaft
4340 Forged Steel I-Beam Connecting Rods with 8740 ARP 7/16 Capscrew Bolts
Probe Industries 2618 Forged Pistons
Clevite77 Main Bearings
Clevite77 Rod Bearings
Clevite77 Camshaft Bearings
Deep Seat Freeze Plugs
Screw In Oil Galley Plugs
Fel Pro 1 Piece Rear Main Seal
ARP Main Studs
SA Gear Billet Timing Chain
Melling Oil Pump M83
Moroso Oil Pump Pick Up
ARP Billet Oil Pumpshaft
Moroso 7qt Oil Pan
Professional Products SFI balancer

It has Total Seal ductile/iron rings with a gapless second ring, and Clevite P bearings.

It has heads that started as Twisted Wedge 185s, but have been hand ported and flowed, by Lynn Morris. I can't find the flow sheets, but they were around 320/240.

Chris Straub hydraulic roller camshaft (ground at Bullet cams) .626/.608, 244/[email protected], 106 LSA
Morel link bar hydraulic roller lifters
Comp Cams Ultra Gold rockers

Victor Jr intake, also ported by Lynn Morris
MSD Pro Billet Distributor
MSD Blaster HVC coil
MSD Digital 6
Firecore50 plug wires
Pro-Systems custom 4150 carburetor
Aeromotive electric fuel pump
Edlebrock Victor series water pump
A full set of March aluminum pulleys
Powermaster 140 amp alternator

TRANSMISSION:

PA Supercomp C4
Pro Transbrake upgrade
Neal Chance torque converter goes to 4500 RPMs on the transbrake
Strange chromoly driveshaft
Spicer 1350 U joints
Strange 1350 Billet Super yokes
PA SFI blowproof bellhousing
TCI SFI scattershield
B&M Prostick
B&M 11"X11" supercooler

REAR END:

Ford 9"
Moser 31 spline axles
Moser 3.70s w/detroit locker

POWER ADDER:

Edelbrock RPM plate kit

EXHAUST:

Hooker 6208 ceramic coated 1 3/4" X 3" primary headers
Magnaflow 3" X pipe
Hooker Aero Chamber mufflers 3" in/out

SUSPENSION:

Bone stock front end, with manual discs in the front, and rear drum brakes
Calvert Racing 90/10s
Calvert Racing split mono leaf springs with CalTracs
Custom SFCs

Some pics

Cage install

More pics

Leaving on motor

Aside from all of that, this is a street car. It runs on 91 octane, and I drive it everywhere. I put 6000-7000 miles per year on this car, on the street. It's an incredible attention getter. Plan on at least 30 minutes every time you put gas in it, and a full day at the car wash, because everyone stops to see it. The car drives incredibly well, and to me is the perfect balance of a carbureted street/strip car. It's an incredible blast to drive. This is a Mach 1 clone, as well.

It comes with both sets of wheels and tires.

Email [email protected] with any questions.

DART 331, AFR 185,Trick flow R intake, accufab 70 mm tb, Pro M 75mm mass air, AMF cold air intake, 30 lb injectors, jba shorty headers, bbk x pipe, flowmaster super 10 cat back, hurst shifter, 327 gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-24-2013, 06:56 PM

Trader Feedback: (31)
Bump for a great guy

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

306 unported gt40s, unported cobra intake, Stock Cam...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
F/S
post #3 of 3 Old 10-23-2013, 08:33 PM

Trader Feedback: (15)
Man if you were closer Id sell my mach1 and buy this one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement