For Sale FS/FT 1971 Boss 351 - Real Deal, #'s Match! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-05-2012, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
FS/FT 1971 Boss 351 - Real Deal, #'s Match!

1971 Ford Mustang Boss 351 R code 1 of 1806
Matching numbers 2-owner Boss 351 ready for restoration.
Grabber Blue/Argent with black deluxe interior, 1 of 21 in that combination according to the Marti report. Original VIN-stamped block & transmission case, factory 31 spline 3.91 N case Traction-Lok rear. Low option car came with manual steering, no rear spoiler, standard 15x7 wheels with trim rings & hubcaps.

Car was street driven and drag raced by original owner, still has Englishtown Class Winner stickers on the 1/4 windows. He also hit a mailbox or a road sign with the front right of the car. The hood was replaced with a new factory piece, therefore the lack of twist-locks on the hood. Miraculously, the ram air parts were not damaged. The passenger side front fender was straightened, and the car was repainted, including the hood in matte silver without the correct blue outline. The repairs have that DIY look about it, presentable but not professional. The front bumper & grille were also replaced and it looks like the radiator support and front fender aprons were replaced with used parts. The original trunk lid was also slightly dented at some point in the car's life and replaced prior to the paint job, so I have it as well. I'd guess this all happened in the late-70's to early-80's, based on the condition of the paint & body when I got it. Obviously, the stripes were never re-applied after the paint job.

I bought the car from the original owner in 1987 and drove it daily for almost 2 years until I got another vehicle and put it in storage to wait for the day I would restore it. I've now had it for 25 years and have come to the conclusion that the proper restoration this rare car deserves isn't going to happen under my care. It has been started & driven around the block periodically over the years, so it does run and drive, and it can still show the uninitiated what it means to be Boss!

CURRENT STATUS
The registration ran out in 1989, and the car has been stored inside ever since. It sits today pretty much as it was when I stopped driving it every day, with a few exceptions. IT WILL NEED A COMPLETE MECHANICAL AND COSMETIC RESTORATION. I did remove & drain the gas tank but recently reinstalled it. I also picked up a nice used replacement fender for the passenger side, a pair of 15x7 factory wheels & full set of hubcaps/trim rings, a set of factory valve covers, and twist-locks & brackets for the hood. I also reinstalled the ram-air parts and rev limiter (not connected), and a complete set of argent stripes goes with it.

WHAT'S MISSING (MAJOR ORIGINAL PARTS)
Exhaust manifolds (headers installed)
Carburetor (non-matching 4300D installed)
Distributor (non-matching single point installed)
Front spoiler (argent), black reproduction installed
Wheels (2 - 15x7), two 14x6 steel wheels w/factory caps installed on front
Radio (AM)

OTHER
Clear DE title in my name. The guy I bought it from bought it new, in my mind that makes me the second owner. Should you decide to do a title search, I do want to note that I believe he had mentioned titling it in a girlfriend's name due to a few run-ins with the police. I am just mentioning that in the spirit of honesty - I don't want anyone to feel misled if they research the history and uncover additional names. I will confirm the name of the original owner to the buyer. His initials are marked in numerous places on the car. I do have the deluxe Marti report, also.

$18,000 FIRM, possible trades - musclecars, late model Mustangs.
Contact Mark at 302-354-5831, by PM, or at [email protected]
Located in Middletown, DE 19709

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-24-2012, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

*** DEAL PENDING ***

post #3 of 3 Old 08-06-2012, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

DONE DEAL, SHE'S GONE.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement