**** Classifieds Guidelines ****
The Classifieds is a free service the Corral offers to it's members. The Corral is not responsible for any ads posted in the classifieds as well as any resulting losses or damages incurred from use of the classifieds. So please, use at your own risk.
A minimum post count requirement has been enacted to limit posting abilities in the classifieds sections. This creates a record of conduct for anyone in the classifieds which others can search before dealing. The current post count limit is ___.
When you are ready to post your ad, please remember to include the following information:
*** Basic Information ***
1) A valid e-mail posted in your ad.
2) Correct location displayed in your profile.
3) Asking price. If you are listing an item for sale you must have an asking price. This will not only help speed the ad along but it will help deter scammers who are fishing for buyers.
4) Pictures of the item/s which you are selling. Links are acceptable but they must be direct links to the pictures. Make sure they aren't on a site which others have to be members to view. Corral offers picture hosting in the gallery as well as sites like Photobucket and ImageShack.
* If your ad is lacking any of the requirements your ad will be locked. To unlock your ad you must PM one of the classifieds moderators, Dave88LX, m65, Oktavius, or 03 DOHC, with a link to your ad so that corrections can be made before it is unlocked.
*** Suggested Information ***
1) A phone number is a good idea. While not required, it will help you with your sale. Potential buyer will be more comfortable buying from someone whom he/she knows they can contact vice someone that only exists via an e-mail.
2) When taking pictures of items, having your username and date on a piece of paper within the picture will greatly increase seller credibility and buyer trust.
*** Guidelines for Ad Content ***
1) Post ads in the appropriate forums. Ads placed in the inappropriate forum will be moved or re-moved. Engine parts ONLY belong in the engine forums, drivetrain parts ONLY belong in the drivetrain section, so on and so on.
If you have multiple parts which will fit into one forum (such as Windsor parts), please place them all in one ad within the correct forum. This will cut down on clutter and ensure that everyone's ads will have a fair chance of being viewed.
If you are parting out a car, please at least try to break down a list of parts per the correct forum. What this means is, don't just post "Parting out a '92 LX" in every forum and then have a free-for-all on parts. Break it down to interior parts available, drivetrain parts, etc and post them in the correct forum. Not doing so may cause your thread to be locked.
2) Do not paste links to ads on other sites. You must have a full ad with description here on the Corral. Ads with just a link will be locked.
3) eBay merchandise may be posted in the classifieds with a link to eBay ONLY IF:
-Each piece of merchandise is listed from the auction in the ad
-Each piece of merchandise has a description
-Each piece of merchandise has a price (how much will you take for it)
eBay ads that only have a link to the eBay auction will be locked/deleted.
*** Advertisers ***
The Corral Forum Classifieds are for the sale of privately-owned parts from individuals and authorized advertisers. Non-authorized businesses who wish to post ads in the Classifieds should contact Chris Ihara (c.ihara at corral.net). Click here for advertising rates & information: https://www.corral.net/advertise
The title "Corral Authorized Advertiser" is displayed below the usernames of all businesses that have Classifieds posting priviledges. If you are an authorized advertiser and do not have this there, please contact Chris as your posts will be locked until it is there.
*** Conduct ***
1) Misconduct will not be tolerated.
2) Be mindful of what you post in other's ads.
3) Respect asking prices. Sellers can ask whatever they want. If you feel it is too much, you may make a reasonable offer, but do not trash their ad telling them they are asking for too much.
4) Bypassing the language filters will not be tolerated.
5) Please limit bumping posts to the top ("ttt") of the forums to once a day so that everyone will have a fair share of viewing.
To handle misconduct, a three strike policy has been enacted in the classifieds.
1st strike will be a warning.
2nd strike will result in a one month suspension from the classifieds.
3rd strike will result in permanent expulsion from the classifieds.
*** Trader Rating ***
We currently have a Trader Feedback system as well as a Feedback Area. Please take full advantage of these. Post feedback for people you deal with. Before purchasing something from someone, be smart and search for any information about them. The Trader Feedback is located under people's avatars and in their profiles. This is a link to the feedback area: https://www.corral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=332
If there is a dispute in the Feedback Area, the accused may have their classifieds privileges suspended until the situation is resolved.
*** Fraud ***
Fraud and internet scammers will not be tolerated. We've made the Classified Feedback Area and the Trader Feedback System available to help try and reinforce good transactions and to weed out the bad ones. Unfortunately, sometimes bad things happen.
Here are some links to websites to help combat internet fraud if you feel you've been the victim of a scammer. Do not let someone scam you, use these links. Thanks to 'RobStyle for the links.
Information and Complaint Forms:
Better Business Bureau - www.bbb.org
Federal Trade Commission - www.ftc.gov
Fraud Bureau - www.fraudbureau.com
Fraud.org - www.fraud.org
International Internet Investigators - safety.iweb.net.au/main.htm
International Web Police - www.web-police.org
Internet Fraud Complaint Center - www.ifccfbi.gov
Scamhound - www.scamhound.com
U.S. Postal Inspection Service - www.usps.com/postalinspectors
CCIPS of the Criminal Divison of the U.S. DOJ - www.cybercrime.gov
Federal Bureau of Investigation - www.fbi.gov
National Consumers League - www.nclnet.org
National White Collar Crime Center - www.nw3c.org
Trollhunters.com - www.trollhunters.com
U.S. Secret Service - www.treas.gov/usss
Zip Code Finder:
Reverse Phone Directory: (beware the amount of popups):
If you have any questions or comments about the Classifieds Guidelines, please PM Dave88LX, m65, Oktavius, or 03 DOHC and we can discuss it. And if you thread does get locked, do not take it personal. We are all here for the same reason, so lets enjoy the site.